- Big Island Helicopter Tours
- Big Island Tours & Activities
- Big Island Volcano Tours
- Hawaii Volcano Tours
- Helicopter Tours
For the first time in nearly 40 years the world’s largest active volcano, Mauna Loa is erupting.
Mauna Loa is among Earth’s most active volcanoes, previously erupting 33 times since its first well-documented historical eruption in 1843! Fly at a safe distance to see the incredible view from a birds eye perspective, the only way to see the activity to date. THE MOST EPIC EXPERIENCE EVER! That’s what many of our guests say about seeing an active volcano by air.
- Mauna Loa Volcano Eruption
- Air tour flown in our Bell 407 helicopter (seats up to 6 guests)
- Two-way communication between you, your pilot, and your group
- Availability: Daily
- Tour Times: 8:00 AM, 9:30 AM, 11:00 AM, 2:30 PM
- Duration: 1 Hour*
*Flight times are approximate, do not include check-in time, and total times may vary depending on weather conditions and where the best sights are at the time of your tour.
- Guests should not go SCUBA diving less than 24 hours before their flight departure time.
- Children under the age of two (2) fly free when seated in the lap of a paying adult – proof of age required for lap children under two (2). Children 24 months and over require an individual full-fare seat.
- Children must be at least 12 years old to sit next to an open door while aircraft is in flight.
- Each guest weighing 270 lbs. or more must purchase an extra seat for weight and balance purposes. The extra seat is discounted by 15% (before fuel surcharge). All guests who purchase an extra seat are guaranteed a window seat.
Weights for all guests are requested at the time of booking, and their accuracy is essential to ensure the comfort and safety of all guests. To ensure safety, we weigh all guests at check-in, and if we are unable to fly a guest due to an inaccurate weight provided at the time of booking, no refund will be made. By maintaining proper weight and balance in our aircraft we can provide guests with a safe, smooth and comfortable Experience on Paradise Helicopters.
- Picture ID matching the credit card used for the purchase will be confirmed at check-in.
- We will not cancel a flight due to the weather unless it is unsafe to fly. Weather can change quickly so our pilots are checking weather continuously for safety and visibility concerns, and any decision to cancel due to weather is not made until right before a flight departs. We will fly if it is raining, but not if the visibility is poor.
- Cancellation Policy is 48 hours prior to your tour time.
Location: Paradise Helicopters, Kona Airport
Address: 73-341 Uu St, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/CpPMk2b9Xpa4iKvZ7
Parking: Self-Pay parking at Kona Airport.
Check-in: Please arrive at our Kona base at the Kona Airport 45 minutes prior to your tour departure time.
Our Kona base is located in the commuter terminal area of the airport by Mokulele.