- Big Island Helicopter Tours
- Big Island Tours & Activities
- Big Island Volcano Tours
- Hawaii Volcano Tours
- Helicopter Tours
UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Daily
- Tour Times: Morning
- Duration: 1 Hour 45 Minutes*
* Approx. 2.5-hour duration (includes 30 min check-in time and 1.75 hours tour time)
Enjoy a true Hawai‘i Experience on Paradise Helicopter’s premier air adventure. Explore all five volcanoes, hidden white and black sand beaches, lush waterfalls cascading down 2,000-foot valley walls, breathtaking coastlines and 11 different climate zones.
Hawai‘i is the largest of the Islands and, thanks to Kīlauea and Mauna Loa, it’s still growing. Upon departure from Kona Airport, you will overfly the world-famous Kona coffee district and the slopes of Hualālai and Mauna Loa. Learn about the unique history, geology, and culture of the Big Island through a special two-way communication system that lets you ask the questions and get to you know your pilot. Arriving over Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park, you’ll start the hunt for red, hot lava at Kīlauea, the world’s most active volcano, and continue around Pu‘u ‘Ō‘ō Vent. In winter, you’ll see snow atop Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea. Watch for the sun glinting off the handful of astronomical observatories positioned on Mauna Kea, where scientists have the best earth-bound views of the universe. Then, you will head toward East Hawai‘i’s lush rainforests and the incomparable Kohala valleys. The views here are so spectacular that even our pilots, who see them on a daily basis, often say this area is their favorite hidden gem to share with visitors and guests. Rounding out your trip, you’ll enjoy a birds-eye view of iconic beaches, including Hāpuna Beach and Kua Bay, consistently voted as some of the best beaches in the world, on your return to Kona.
- Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park
- Five major volcanoes
- White and black sand beaches & Beach resorts of Waikoloa
- Waterfalls and deep valleys
- Lush rainforests
- 11 different climate zones
- Approx. 1 hour & 45 minutes* total air tour flight time in Bell 407 helicopter (seats up to 6 guests)
- Two-way communication between you, your pilot, and your group
- Paid parking
- Easy: Suitable for adults, children and seniors.
- Guests should not go SCUBA diving less than 24 hours before their flight departure time.
- Children under the age of two (2) fly free when seated in the lap of a paying adult – proof of age required for lap children under two (2). Children 24 months and over require an individual full-fare seat.
- Children must be at least 12 years old to sit next to an open door while aircraft is in flight.
- Each guest weighing 270 lbs. or more must purchase an extra seat for weight and balance purposes. The extra seat is discounted by 15% (before fuel surcharge). All guests who purchase an extra seat are guaranteed a window seat.
Weights for all guests are requested at the time of booking, and their accuracy is essential to ensure the comfort and safety of all guests. To ensure safety, we weigh all guests at check-in, and if we are unable to fly a guest due to an inaccurate weight provided at the time of booking, no refund will be made. By maintaining proper weight and balance in our aircraft we can provide guests with a safe, smooth and comfortable Experience on Paradise Helicopters.
- Picture ID matching the credit card used for the purchase will be confirmed at check-in.
- We will not cancel a flight due to the weather unless it is unsafe to fly. Weather can change quickly so our pilots are checking weather continuously for safety and visibility concerns, and any decision to cancel due to weather is not made until right before a flight departs. We will fly if it is raining, but not if the visibility is poor.
- Cancellation Policy is 48 hours prior to your tour time.
Location: Paradise Helicopters, Kona Airport
Address: 73-341 Uu St, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/CpPMk2b9Xpa4iKvZ7
Parking: Self-Pay parking at Kona Airport.
Check-in: Please arrive at our Kona base at the Kona Airport 1 hour prior to your tour departure time.
Our Kona base is located in the commuter terminal area of the airport by Mokulele.