- Big Island Helicopter Tours
- Big Island Tours & Activities
- Big Island Volcano Tours
- Hawaii Volcano Tours
- Helicopter Tours
DEPARTS: KONA / DURATION: 2.5 HOURS / AVAILABILITY: DAILY
Enjoy a true Hawai‘i Experience on Paradise Helicopter’s premier air adventure. Explore all five volcanoes, hidden white and black sand beaches, lush waterfalls cascading down 2,000-foot valley walls, breathtaking coastlines and 11 different climate zones.
Hawai‘i is the largest of the Islands and, thanks to Kīlauea and Mauna Loa, it’s still growing. Upon departure from Kona Airport, you will overfly the world-famous Kona coffee district and the slopes of Hualālai and Mauna Loa. Learn about the unique history, geology, and culture of the Big Island through a special two-way communication system that lets you ask the questions and get to you know your pilot. Arriving over Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park, you’ll start the hunt for red, hot lava at Kīlauea, the world’s most active volcano, and continue around Pu‘u ‘Ō‘ō Vent. In winter, you’ll see snow atop Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea. Watch for the sun glinting off the handful of astronomical observatories positioned on Mauna Kea, where scientists have the best earth-bound views of the universe. Then, you will head toward East Hawai‘i’s lush rainforests and the incomparable Kohala valleys. The views here are so spectacular that even our pilots, who see them on a daily basis, often say this area is their favorite hidden gem to share with visitors and guests. Rounding out your trip, you’ll enjoy a birds-eye view of iconic beaches, including Hāpuna Beach and Kua Bay, consistently voted as some of the best beaches in the world, on your return to Kona.
- Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park
- Five major volcanoes
- White and black sand beaches & Beach resorts of Waikoloa
- Waterfalls and deep valleys
- Lush rainforests
- 11 different climate zones
- Approx. 2 hours* total air tour flight time in Bell 407 helicopter
- Two-way communication between you, your pilot, and your group
- Ground transportation available to and from the Kona Airport between Keauhou and North Kohala
- Paid parking
- Easy: Suitable for adults, children and seniors.
- Availability: Daily
- Tour Times: Early Morning, Mid-Morning, Early Afternoon, Mid-Afternoon
- Duration: 2.5 hours, including check-in
* total flight time typically varies from 1.7 – 2.1 hours
- For passengers above 265 lbs., fees are charged during check out or at check-in. The guest will be guaranteed a window seat. All guests between 265 lbs – 300 lbs (when weighed at check-in), will be assessed a Capacity Surcharge of $50 on our Hughes/MD 500 or $100 on our Bell 407. They will be guaranteed a window seat. All guests weighing over 300 lbs are required to purchase a second, cabin comfort & safety seat at a discounted price. They will be guaranteed a window seat. Accurate weights at the time of booking are essential to ensure comfort and safety of all guests. If a passenger is unable to fly due to an inaccurate weight provided at the time of booking, no refund will be made. By maintaining proper weight and balance in our aircraft we can provide guests with a safe, smooth and comfortable Experience on Paradise Helicopters.
- Children under the age of two (2) fly free when seated in the lap of a paying adult – proof of age required for lap children under two (2). Children 24 months and over require an individual full-fare seat.
Location: Paradise Helicopters, Kona Airport
Address: 73-341 Uu St, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/CpPMk2b9Xpa4iKvZ7
Please arrive 1 hour prior to your tour time.