DEPARTS: KONA / DURATION: 2.5 HOURS / AVAILABILITY: DAILY
Enjoy a true Hawai‘i Experience on Paradise Helicopter’s premier air adventure. Explore all five volcanoes, hidden white and black sand beaches, lush waterfalls cascading down 2,000-foot valley walls, breathtaking coastlines and 11 different climate zones.
Hawai‘i is the largest of the Islands and, thanks to Kīlauea and Mauna Loa, it’s still growing. Upon departure from Kona Airport, you will overfly the world-famous Kona coffee district and the slopes of Hualālai and Mauna Loa. Learn about the unique history, geology, and culture of the Big Island through a special two-way communication system that lets you ask the questions and get to you know your pilot. Arriving over Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park, you’ll start the hunt for red, hot lava at Kīlauea, the world’s most active volcano, and continue around Pu‘u ‘Ō‘ō Vent. In winter, you’ll see snow atop Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea. Watch for the sun glinting off the handful of astronomical observatories positioned on Mauna Kea, where scientists have the best earth-bound views of the universe. Then, you will head toward East Hawai‘i’s lush rainforests and the incomparable Kohala valleys. The views here are so spectacular that even our pilots, who see them on a daily basis, often say this area is their favorite hidden gem to share with visitors and guests. Rounding out your trip, you’ll enjoy a birds-eye view of iconic beaches, including Hāpuna Beach and Kua Bay, consistently voted as some of the best beaches in the world, on your return to Kona.
- Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park
- Five major volcanoes
- White and black sand beaches & Beach resorts of Waikoloa
- Waterfalls and deep valleys
- Lush rainforests
- 11 different climate zones
DEPARTURE TIME & LOCATION
- Departure: Early Morning, Mid-Morning, Early Afternoon, Mid-Afternoon
- Paradise Helicopters, Kona Airport
INCLUDED IN THIS ADVENTURE
- Approx. 2 hours* total air tour flight time in Bell 407 helicopter
- Two-way communication between you, your pilot, and your group
- Ground transportation available to and from the Kona Airport between Keauhou and North Kohala
- Paid parking
- Approx. 2.5 hours, including check-in
* total flight time typically varies from 1.7 – 2.1 hours
- Easy: Suitable for adults, children and seniors.
PLEASE ARRIVE 1 HOUR PRIOR TO YOUR SCHEDULED TOUR FOR BRIEFING