- Big Island Helicopter Tours
- Big Island Tours & Activities
- Big Island Volcano Tours
- Hawaii Volcano Tours
- Helicopter Tours
DEPARTS: KONA / DURATION: 3 HOURS / AVAILABILITY: DAILY
Hawai‘i Island really is a “Big Island” and you want to see it all! Why spend your whole vacation in the car, when you can get the lay of the land by air? Paradise’s Circle Island Experience is the only helicopter tour in Hawai‘i that ventures south to encompass the entire island, and it does so in just over two hours!
Starting from Kona Airport at the island’s western-most tip, your pilot leads you past the Kona coffee district and slopes of Mauna Loa to the southern-most town in the United States, Punalu‘u. You’ll be amazed by our exclusive views of Papakōlea – one of only four green sand beaches in the world! Next, explore the lava flow activity at Kīlauea crater and, if Madame Pele is willing, catch a glimpse of the molten heart of Hawai‘i in the form of red, hot lava. Then, turn to the east, the island’s lush windward side and Hilo town. Notice how now water flows where lava once did, gushing out of sheer cliffs through lava tubes, creating hundreds of waterfalls, and nourishing the rich vegetation. The grandeur of the Kohala valleys and waterfalls of the north are sure to catch your breath , as are the white sand beaches on your return to Kona.
- Circumnavigate the entire island!
- See all five volcanoes
- 2,000-foot deep valleys
- White, black and GREEN sand beaches
- Rugged coastlines
- Dramatic waterfalls
- Lava flow activity at Kīlauea crater
- Rain forests
- Kohala’s lush valleys
- See 11 of the planet’s 13 climate zones
- Approx. 2.25 hours * total air tour flight time in Bell 407 helicopter
- Two-way communication between you, your pilot, and your group
- Ground transportation available to and from the Kona Airport between Keauhou and North Kohala
- Easy: Suitable for adults, children and seniors.
- Paid parking
- Availability: Daily
- Tour Times: Early Morning, Mid-Morning, Early Afternoon
- Duration: 3 hours, including check-in
* total flight time typically varies from 1.9 – 2.35 hours
- For passengers above 265 lbs., fees are charged during check out or at check-in. The guest will be guaranteed a window seat. All guests between 265 lbs – 300 lbs (when weighed at check-in), will be assessed a Capacity Surcharge of $50 on our Hughes/MD 500 or $100 on our Bell 407. They will be guaranteed a window seat. All guests weighing over 300 lbs are required to purchase a second, cabin comfort & safety seat at a discounted price. They will be guaranteed a window seat. Accurate weights at the time of booking are essential to ensure comfort and safety of all guests. If a passenger is unable to fly due to an inaccurate weight provided at the time of booking, no refund will be made. By maintaining proper weight and balance in our aircraft we can provide guests with a safe, smooth and comfortable Experience on Paradise Helicopters.
- Children under the age of two (2) fly free when seated in the lap of a paying adult – proof of age required for lap children under two (2). Children 24 months and over require an individual full-fare seat.
Location: Paradise Helicopters, Kona Airport
Address: 73-341 Uu St, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/CpPMk2b9Xpa4iKvZ7
Please arrive 1 hour prior to your tour time.