- Big Island Helicopter Tours
- Big Island Tours & Activities
- Big Island Volcano Tours
- Hawaii Volcano Tours
- Helicopter Tours
- Island Tours
- Island Tours in Big Island
UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Daily
- Tour Times: Morning, Afternoon
- Duration: 2 Hours
* Approx. 2.5-hour duration (includes 30 min check-in time and 2 hour flight time)
You flew all this way to Hawai‘i …SHOULDN’T YOU SEE IT ALL? We certainly think so! That’s why we created the ONLY COMPLETE HELICOPTER TOUR AROUND HAWAI‘I ISLAND – not just parts of it! Yes, Hawai‘i Island really is a “Big Island” and Paradise’s Circle Island Experience is the only helicopter tour in Hawai‘i that ventures south to encompass the entire island, and we do it in just over two hours!
Starting from Kona International Airport at the island’s western-most tip, your pilot takes you past the Kona coffee district and slopes of Mauna Loa to the southern-most town in the United States. You’ll be amazed when viewing one of only four green sand beaches in the world! Next, your pilot will take you to view what was the world’s most active volcano, and continue towards the crater that was previously Pu‘u ‘Ō‘ō Vent.
Then, turn to the east, the island’s lush windward side and Hilo town. Notice how water now flows where lava once did, gushing out of sheer cliffs through lava tubes, creating hundreds of waterfalls, and nourishing the rich vegetation. The grandeur of the Kohala valleys and waterfalls of the north are sure to catch your breath, as are the white sand beaches on your return to Kona.
- Circle the entire island!
- See all five volcanoes
- 2,000-foot deep valleys
- White, black and green sand beaches
- Rugged coastlines with crashing waves
- Stunning waterfalls
- View the dramatic aftermath of the 2018 Lava flow at Kīlauea crater
- Lush Rain forests
- See 11 of the planet’s 13 climate zones
- Approx. 2 hours* total air tour flight time in Bell 407 helicopter (seats up to 6 guests)
- Two-way communication between you, your pilot, and your group
- Easy: Suitable for adults, children, and seniors.
- Paid parking
- Guests should not go SCUBA diving less than 24 hours before their flight departure time.
- Children under the age of two (2) fly free when seated in the lap of a paying adult – proof of age required for lap children under two (2). Children 24 months and over require an individual full-fare seat.
- Children must be at least 12 years old to sit next to an open door while aircraft is in flight.
- Each guest weighing 270 lbs. or more must purchase an extra seat for weight and balance purposes. The extra seat is discounted by 15% (before fuel surcharge). All guests who purchase an extra seat are guaranteed a window seat.
Weights for all guests are requested at the time of booking, and their accuracy is essential to ensure the comfort and safety of all guests. To ensure safety, we weigh all guests at check-in, and if we are unable to fly a guest due to an inaccurate weight provided at the time of booking, no refund will be made. By maintaining proper weight and balance in our aircraft we can provide guests with a safe, smooth and comfortable Experience on Paradise Helicopters.
- Picture ID matching the credit card used for the purchase will be confirmed at check-in.
- We will not cancel a flight due to the weather unless it is unsafe to fly. Weather can change quickly so our pilots are checking weather continuously for safety and visibility concerns, and any decision to cancel due to weather is not made until right before a flight departs. We will fly if it is raining, but not if the visibility is poor.
- Cancellation Policy is 48 hours prior to your tour time.
Location: Paradise Helicopters, Kona Airport
Address: 73-341 Uu St, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/CpPMk2b9Xpa4iKvZ7
Parking: Self-Pay parking at Kona Airport.
Check-in: Please arrive at our Kona base at the Kona Airport 1 hour prior to your tour departure time.
Our Kona base is located in the commuter terminal area of the airport by Mokulele.