- Big Island Helicopter Tours
- Big Island Tours & Activities
- Big Island Volcano Tours
- Hawaii Volcano Tours
- Helicopter Tours
DEPARTS: KONA / DURATION: 10 HOURS / AVAILABILITY: DAILY
Our Big Island Expedition offers you a chance to see Hawai‘i Island’s most stunning scenery, as well as delve into the island’s rich history and culture in historic Hilo town. See the island from the air and land in Hilo to explore the windward side. This big island helicopter tour departs from the Kona Airport in a Bell 407, Hawai’i’s premier touring helicopter, on the same route as the Hawai‘i Experience. You will fly over the Kona coffee district and the slopes of Hualālai and Mauna Loa on your way to Hawai‘i Volcanoes National to hunt for red, hot lava at Kīlauea, the world’s most active volcano, and Pu‘u ʻŌʻō Vent.
Then, you’ll head north along the island’s rugged coastline, seeing jagged cliffs and lava fields give way to hundreds of waterfalls and rich vegetation. You’ll touch down in the Hilo area.
From here, you can take the complimentary ground transportation to the downtown area for a self-guided walking to the farmers market, Pacific Tsunami Museum, Lyman Museum, quirky shops, and other points of interest. Or, you can choose to venture out on your own. ‘Akaka Falls, the World Botanical Gardens, ‘Imiloa Astronomy Center, and Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park are all within driving distance. At the end of your excursion your helicopter waits to take you on the second half of your air tour. You’ll visit lush rainforests and the incomparable Kohala valleys. The views here are spectacular and often the favorite hidden gem discovered by our guests. Rounding out your trip, you’ll get a birds-eye view of iconic beaches, including Hāpuna Beach and Kua Bay, that are consistently voted as the best in the world.
- See current activity at Kilauea Volcano
- Amazing white and black sand beaches
- Hundreds of waterfalls
- 2,000′ valley walls
- Breathtaking coast lines
- 11 different climate zone
DEPARTURE TIME & LOCATION
- Departure: Morning
- Paradise Helicopters, Kona Airport
INCLUDED IN THIS ADVENTURE
- Approx. 2 hours* total air tour flight time in Bell 407 helicopter
- Two-way communication between you, your pilot, and your group
- Ground transportation available to and from the Kona Airport between Keauhou and North Kohala
- Approx. 8 hours (full day) in Hilo
- Return ground transportation between Hilo Airport and downtown Hilo (optional)
- Sub-compact car rental (optional, for an additional fee)
- Paid parking
- Approx. 10 hours, including check-in
* total flight time typically varies from 1.7 – 2.1 hours
- Easy: Suitable for adults, children and seniors.
PLEASE ARRIVE 1 HOUR PRIOR TO YOUR SCHEDULED TOUR FOR BRIEFING