Follow our popular Circle Island Experience route to enjoy the only full-circle tour of Oahu by helicopter, with the added romance of sunset. See incredible aerial views colored in golden hues, including historical Pearl Harbor, the WWII Arizona Memorial, and Battleship Missouri. You will also see Honolulu Harbor, the storied beaches and skyline of Waikiki, and the iconic Diamond Head Crater. Discover the imagery of Oahu – Hanauma Bay, Sandy Beach, and Makapuu Lighthouse to the East and the fantastic coral formations of Kaneohe Bay & Mokolii (Chinaman’s Hat) to the north. Even sneak a peek into “Jurassic Park” or, as it has been known locally for hundreds of years, Kaaawa Valley. The thousand-foot cascade of Kaliuwaa (Sacred Falls), which is accessible only by air, is sure to stun you, along with the fabled North Shore surf breaks at Sunset, Pipeline, & Waimea Bay. As you round Kaena Point, you get a glimpse of the serene Waianae Coast, a hidden gem of the island. Uncrowded and glorious white sand beaches – Yokohama, Makaha, and Pokai – form pockets along the coast and glows beautifully as the sun sinks into the Pacific at the end of a perfect day in Paradise.
- Kaliuwaa (Sacred Falls)
- Kaaawa Valley
- Leahi (Diamond Head)
- Waikiki Beach
- Pearl Harbor
- Hanauma Bay
- Kaneohe Bay
- North Shore
- Kaena Point
- Waianae Coast
- Kapolei West Oahu
- Approx. 1 hour 15 minutes total air tour flight time in Bell 407 helicopter
- Two-way communication between you, your pilot, and your group
- Round-trip luxury shuttle ride from the Kapolei West Oahu resort area
- Availability: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Tour Times: Mid-Afternoon*
- Duration: 1 Hour 15 Minutes**
*Time varies, it will be 30 minutes before the sunset.
** Total flight time typically varies slightly.
- Please wear dark-colored clothing. Lighter clothing will cause a reflection in the windows and show up in your photos as well as the photos of other guests.
- If you are prone to motion sickness then we would suggest taking something before you fly. Our helicopters do provide a smooth ride and most people do great!
- Children under the age of two (2) fly free when seated in the lap of a paying adult – proof of age required for lap children under two (2).
- Guests should not go SCUBA diving less than 24 hours before their flight departure time.
- We will not cancel a flight due to weather unless it is unsafe to fly. Weather can change quickly so our pilots are checking weather continuously for safety and visibility concerns, and any decision to cancel due to weather is not made until right before a flight departs. We will fly if it is raining, but not if the visibility is poor.
- Cancellation Policy is 48 hours prior to your tour time.
- COVID-19 Update:
- Guests aged five (5) years and older are required to wear a face mask (covering the nose and mouth) during their time in and around our facilities and aircraft.
- Guests and staff are asked to maintain a six-foot distance from one another and sneeze/cough into an elbow.
- Staff may ask to check your temperature to ensure you are not exhibiting symptoms.
- Guests will be required to complete a COVID-19 waiver upon Check-in time.
- To encourage a contactless check-in experience, we are currently not accepting cash as a form of payment.
- For the safety of our staff, we reserve the right to refuse service to any guest we feel is exhibiting symptoms.
Location: Paradise Helicopters, Kalaeloa Airport, O‘ahu
Address: 300 Midway St, Kapolei, HI 96707
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/8Qtjd2dk9Wi76v4N9
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your tour time.
- Easy: Suitable for adults, children, and seniors.
- Flights are temporarily limited to inter-island transportation, sightseeing charters, and private tours. A private tour is when one party flies on a helicopter at a time – defined as those dwelling in the same household. Guests and staff are asked to maintain a six-foot distance from one another and sneeze/cough into an elbow. Please refrain from shaking hands and engaging in unnecessary physical contact with those outside your party while on our premises. If you are experiencing any symptoms such as cough, fever, abnormal fatigue, or not feeling well please refrain from entering our facilities.
Modified Cabin Space
- On our Bell 407 helicopters and twin-engine Bell 430 helicopter, we have the ability to divide the front pilot area with the back guest area of our aircraft; copilot seat to remain empty. Additionally, our Bell helicopters have separate air conditioning systems for separation of airflow between the cockpit and the main passenger cabin.
- We have shortened our check-in time to 30 minutes prior to your flight. To encourage a contactless check-in experience, we are currently not accepting cash as a form of payment. If you are exhibiting COVID-like symptoms (dry cough/ fever/abnormal fatigue), please notify us immediately before you go to our base of operations. Any guests or staff who are not feeling well are required to stay home. If you are exhibiting symptoms upon check-in, you will be asked to postpone your flight. Staff may ask to check your temperature to ensure you are not exhibiting symptoms for the safety of our staff and other passengers. For the safety of our staff, we reserve the right to refuse service to any guest we feel is exhibiting symptoms.
- Per Hawaii’s Governor Emergency Proclamation and CDC guidelines, guests aged five (5) years and older are required to wear a face mask (covering the nose and mouth) during their time in and around our facilities and aircraft. Guests flying on our doors-off flights must wear a mask that fits tightly behind the ears to ensure it will not leave the aircraft during flight.
- If you are exhibiting COVID-like symptoms before you fly (dry cough/ fever/abnormal fatigue), please notify us immediately before you go to our base of operations. Any guests or staff who are not feeling well are required to stay home. If you are exhibiting symptoms upon check-in, you will be asked to postpone your flight. Staff may ask to check your temperature to ensure you are not exhibiting symptoms. For the safety of our staff, we reserve the right to refuse service to any guest we feel is exhibiting symptoms. In addition, all pilots receive routine screening for COVID-19.
Cleaning & Sanitization
- Hand sanitizer will be provided to all staff and guests. Employees are required to wash their hands regularly. Sanitization via spray, wipe or fogger is used in all aircraft prior to boarding. Seatbelts and headsets are sanitized between flights.
We Look Forward to Flying With You!
- We are committed to making your adventure with us nothing short of amazing. We have taken many risk mitigation measures to ensure your safety while flying with us. Along with our mandatory COVID-19 procedures, we will be requesting for you to complete a COVID-19 waiver upon your arrival to help ensure the safety of our staff and other passengers. Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to seeing you soon.