This package includes Lunch, and offers a fun experience that will give you new insights into Hawaiian nature.
The day begins with an educational briefing, explanation of tasks and the gardening tools you’ll be using, and a brief history of the area. Then you’ll help restore beautiful He’eia State Park for about 2 hours by reforesting native Hawaiian plants while removing invasives.
After Lunch, you will be free to paddle & snorkel pristine Kaneohe Bay with our one or two-person Malibu open-face kayaks, or C4 Stand-Up Paddle Board. Experience diverse sea life on your own self guided adventure with all watercraft located right on the shoreline.
All guests are provided a safety briefing, detailed map on where to venture including Gilligan’s Island (aka Coconut Island), and a paddling orientation given by certified instructors of Holokai Adventures.
– Help restore the park for 2 hours
– Lunch BBQ is included (veggie options available)
– Self guided Kayaking/Snorkeling Adventure in Kaneohe Bay
– Kayaks include backrest, anchors, life jacket, and paddles
– Snorkel Equipment & Dry Bag is included
– All proceeds go to the nonprofit organizations: Kama’aina Kids and travel2change
– Kaneohe Bay is protected by Oahu’s only Barrier Reef, perfect all skill levels including beginners
– Sites include: Coconut Island (aka Gilligan’s Island), Kaneohe Sandbar, Key Hole, Patch Reef’s and Sunken City
– All guides are American Canoe Association Certified
– Holokai Adventures is a certified sustainable eco-tour operator recognized by the Hawaii EcoTourism Association
- 2 hours of physical work: weeding, clipping, digging, and planting
in He’eia State Park including being a Hawaiian Lo’i – wet and muddy marsh.
Invasive plant removal will then be carried to a collection location
- Clothes: wear items that can get wet and dirty, muddy and stained
- Bring: Drinking water Reusable hydration bottle & Swimming attire
- Check-in Early, for introductions, orientation, and fittings
- Group must stay together to be led to work site
We recommend you bring:
– Change of clothes
9:00 am (be at least 10 minutes early)
Approximate ending time: 4:00 pm
Holokai Kayak & Snorkel Adventure
46-465 Kamehameha Hwy
Transportation is NOT provided (public transport is very limited and not recommended). Use of private transport operators such as Uber/Lyft, etc is easiest
Description: From Waikiki, Bus #55 departs Ala Moana at approximately 8 am and will stop at He’eia State Park. This option is Not recommended as service is infrequent, very limited and unreliable. Check TheBus or Google Maps for current schedules. Car rental or other private transport options such as Lyft/Uber or other private service are easiest).