You’ll be amazed at the expansive peaks and valleys of Waimea Canyon and get plenty of memorable photos standing right at the lookout. See first hand why Kauai is known as “The Garden Isle” as you drive past miles of Kauai’s western coast and stop at charming Hanapepe Town for lunch on your own and pass through Koloa Town, the birthplace of sugar in Hawaii with its historic plantation buildings.
Waimea Canyon Tour Highlights:
- Waimea Canyon – nicknamed “The Grand Canyon of the Pacific”, this epic natural wonder is over 10 miles long, 1 mile wide and more than 3,000 feet deep. The Waimea Canyon Lookout offers scenic views of the deep valley gorges with it’s striking red soil covered in greenery.
- Spouting Horn Blowhole – crashing waves propel majestic jets of salt water through lava rock. One of the most photographed sites on Kauai.
- Hanapepe Valley Lookout – panoramic views of a valley covered in trees and wild green sugarcane. Hanapepe was one of the locations visited by famous explored Charles Wilkes in 1840 on his United States Exploring Expedition.
- Hanapepe Town – Kauai’s biggest little town, and the art capital of Kauai. Hanapepe was featured in many films like “The Thornbirds” and “Flight of the Intruder” and was the model for the Disney animated film “Lilo and Stitch.”
Join us for a night filled with fire dancers, graceful hula and delicious food all under the beautiful tropical Kauai night skies. If you only experience one thing in Hawaii, make sure you don’t miss this spectacular extravaganza. Graceful Hula dancers, fire poi ball twirlers, traditional fire knife dancing, lavish buffet of local delicacies and a vivid storyteller come together for this once-in-a-lifetime authentic experience. We love our gatherings or “pa’inas” as they were called in days of old. And whether this is your first luau or not, we guarantee that our luau experience will be unique. Why can we say that?
Luau Kalamaku Includes:
- Luau feast is served buffet style
- Authentic Hawaiian experience
- Open Bar – Included!
- Graceful Hula dancers
- Award Winning Hawaiian show
- Fire poi ball twirlers, traditional fire knife dancing
- Craft fair featuring local artisans
- Tahitian rhythms, fantastic music
- Shops of the Kilohana Plantation
- State-of-the-art media system
- Waimea Canyon Tour Schedule: With Transportation
- Availability: Tuesday and Friday
- Tour Time: 7:00 AM
- Duration: 8 Hours 30 Minutes
- Luau Kalamaku Schedule: No Transportation included
- Availability: Tuesday and Friday, also available every Monday until September 16
- Tour Time: 5:00 PM
- Duration: 3 Hours 30 Minutes
Luau Kalamaku Location:
Address: 3-2087 Kaumualii Highway, Lihue, Kauai, Hawaii 96766
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/tzB9yEyoambxrQQz6
Recommendations: Waimea Canyon Tour
- Please wear comfortable attire and shoes. Many tours traverse uneven walking surfaces.
- Sturdy, closed-toe shoes are recommended.
- Bring a light sweater or jacket
Special Notes: Waimea Canyon Tour
- If you require any special accommodations due to disability, please include them under the special requirements at the time of booking. 48 hours notice required prior to the date and time of service.
- Transportation is not available from Princeville Area. Princeville guests are picked up in Kapaa