UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Daily
- Tour times: 8:00 AM, 8:30 AM, 9:00 AM, 9:30 AM, 10:00 AM, 10:30 AM, 11:00 AM, 11:30 AM, 12:00 PM, 12:30 PM, 1:00 PM, 1:30 PM, 2:00 PM, 2:30 PM, 3:00 PM, 3:30 PM.
- Duration: Approximately 3 hours
TUBING! TUNNELS! TONS OF FUN!
Kauai’s only tubing adventure activity!
Hop in one of our four-wheel-drive adventure vehicles and traverse former Lihue Plantation lands deep into Kauai’s pristine emerald green interior. Enjoy breathtaking vistas and spectacular scenery, while your guide shares information about our island. When you arrive at our launch site you’ll grab a tube, don a headlamp, and jump in the gently flowing waters. Witness Kauai’s spectacular, historical engineering feats as you float down the open canals, through several amazing tunnels and flumes engineered and hand dug circa 1870. Enjoy the wonder and magic of each tunnel, lit by headlamps. At the end of your adventure, you will be guided to an enchanted picnic area nearby, for a delicious lunch and a cool dip in a natural swimming hole.
The Mountain Tubing Adventure is truly a unique and memorable experience for the entire family. The gently flowing waters, beautiful scenery, flumes and tunnels are combined for a relaxing, fun and fascinating experience. And when we say we are unique, we mean it! This is the only tubing activity of this type on Kauai. And we are the only eco-tour company with access to these 17,000 acres of former plantation lands.
If you want to get off the beaten track, don’t miss Kauai Backcountry’s exclusive tubing tours. From start to finish, they will take you on amazing, fun-filled journeys that you will never forget. Our customers tell us time and time again that our tours were the highlight of their vacation, and often return for more of our tropical adventures.
- Tube through miles of ditches, tunnels and flumes
- Explore tropical rain forests and breathtaking vistas
- Enjoy spectacular ocean and mountain views
- Swim in a pristine swimming hole
- Experience plantation era history and folklore
- Enjoy a great picnic style lunch
What to Bring:
- Secure Water Friendly Shoes (rental shoes, sizes 5-12, available) – No Flip Flops
- Swimsuits or Clothing that can get wet
- Towels & Change of dry clothing
- Hat and Bug repellent
*Picnic style “Build you Own” pita sandwich. Complete your delicious lunch with chips, cookies and cold beverage.
- Age: 5 and over.
- Height: Must be a minimum of 43 inches tall.
- Weight Limit: 300 pounds.
- Fitness Level: Average
- Not recommended for those with back, hip or knee problems.
- Women in first trimester pregnancy may participate with written physician approval.
- Children 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Not recommended for anyone claustrophobic
- Weather: Unless weather prohibits tours go out rain or shine.
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled tour time.
***Please note: Due to high demand, this tour is on request. We will try to confirm availability within the shortest possible time after we receive your order. A dedicated staff member will be in touch by phone and email.***