View pristine landscapes from makai (ocean) to mauka (mountain) on Kauai ATV’s Makauwahi Cave Tour!
This 4-hour tour takes you on plantation trails over Kauai’s most southern point. Hear the tales of Kamehameha from atop an inactive volcanic crater, explore famous movie sites, visit Makauwahi Cave Reserve, the most important dig site in the Hawaiian Islands!
- This tour provides the unique opportunity to help give back. Makauwahi Cave Reserve’s mission is to re-wild the landscape, ensuring the survival of native coastal plants and animals.
- Forest Restoration – You can help the reserve achieve its mission by donating and planting one of Kauai’s native plants yourself during the tour.
- Hang out with giant tortoises – The Tortoise Ranch at the reserve will teach guests about animal species and endemic plants as well as how techniques of the future are helping preserve the past.
- Freshwater Fishing – The calming effects of catch and release bass fishing at the Waita reservoir concludes this historic tour!
- Complimentary bandana
- Rental shorts and shirts (available)
- Snacks and beverages
- Availability: Daily
- Tour Times: 9:00 AM, 1:30 PM
- Duration: 4 Hours
- Sunblock/Bug Spray
- Closed-toe shoes suitable for hiking
- Drivers of any vehicle are 16 years of age or older with valid license due at check in. The person making this reservation is 18 years of age or older. Those participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult or guardian at or over the age of 18.
- Drivers are responsible for any damage caused to the vehicle while on the tour.
- Collateral is required upon check-in.
- Any guest within a party who wants to drive must bring a valid driver’s license and a Visa/MC.
- Participants must be at least 5 years of age or older and must weigh less than 320 lbs.
- No participants have major neck or back problems, recent surgeries within the last 3 months, severe allergies, or are pregnant.
- All participants must wear closed toe water friendly footwear. No flip flops. No exceptions.
Address: 3477A Weliweli Rd, Koloa, HI 96756
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/PSZ5BxRtwooFQwDk6
Please check-in 30 minutes prior your tour time.