UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- November – December 16: Tuesday and Friday
- December 19-30: Monday, Tuesday, and Friday
- January-Onward: Tuesday and Friday
- Tour Time: 5:00 PM
- Duration: 3 Hours 30 Minutes
The Luau Kalamaku is an unforgettable evening filled with a lavish island buffet and a truly immersive and interactive show. You’ll also be able to explore the many shops and experience the cultural demonstrations that bring the Hawaiian traditions to life.
Luau Kalamaku’s exclusive Gold Package includes Premium Seating so you can experience our theatrical show so close to the stage that you can feel the heat from our famous fire dancers!
The Best Luau of Kauai
Experience a Hawaiian luau on Kauai like no other with our three great packages designed to give you the most out of your Luau Kalamaku adventure. The luau is operated every Tuesday and Friday. Join us for a night filled with fire dancers, graceful hula, and delicious food all under the beautiful tropical Kauai night skies.
About the Luau:
If you only experience one thing in Hawaii, make sure you don’t miss this spectacular extravaganza. Graceful Hula dancers, fire poi ball twirlers, traditional fire knife dancing, a lavish buffet of local delicacies, and a vivid storyteller come together for this once-in-a-lifetime authentic experience. We love our gatherings or “pa’inas” as they were called in days of old. And whether this is your first luau or not, we guarantee that our luau experience will be unique. Why can we say that?
Included in your evening:
- Luau feast is served buffet style
- Authentic Hawaiian experience
- Open bar!
- Graceful Hula dancers
- Award-winning Hawaiian show
- Fire poi ball twirlers, traditional fire knife dancing
- Craft fair featuring local artisans
- Tahitian rhythms, fantastic music
- Shops of the Kilohana Plantation
- State-of-the-art media system
- Premium Seating
Like other luaus, we feature ono Hawaiian food, a dramatic torch lighting and imu ceremony, Tahitian rhythms, fantastic music, and traditional hula dancing…even the drums are crafted by the hands of our own drummers. This is where the similarity ends. Lu’au Kalamaku features a state-of-the-art media system and an interactive stage design which transports you to ancient Polynesia during the time of their remarkable migration to the Islands.
It is during the time of epic voyages between Hawaii and Tahiti, along one of the longest sea roads of Polynesia, that our journey takes place. Through laughter, fear, seduction and fire, a new legacy is created, born from the cherished seeds of their ancestors. Our theatrical luau culminates with a fantastic fire dream featuring fire poi balls and traditional fire knife dancing. In a climactic ending, Pele the fire goddess, her sister Hiiaka, Lohiau the prince of Kauai, and the fire breathing Moo-dragon women pay homage to Kauai mythology.
While the incredible tale unfolds, you find yourself not merely watching a story– but in the heart of the story itself. Kalamaku, child of the new land, carries the fiery torch of one family’s future. Celebrate through story and song the primal rhythm of Kauai. Explore the depths of the family’s great effort as they seek the courage and vision that will carry them far over the horizon.
Join us as the Kauai skies darken and our cast takes the stage to tell the amazing story of the epic voyage between Hawaii and Tahiti along one of the longest sea roads of Polynesia. Through these ancient voyager’s laughter, fear, seduction and fire, a new legacy is created, born from the cherished seeds of their ancestors. Our theatrical luau will bring you to tears and have you jumping from your seats as the story our cast weaves brings you back to the original days of the Hawaiian people culminating with a fantastic fire dream featuring fire poi balls and traditional fire knife dancing.
Address: 3-2087 Kaumualii Highway, Lihue, Kauai, Hawaii 96766
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/tzB9yEyoambxrQQz6
Transportation is available from select hotels for an additional charge. Please select during checkout
Check-in times vary from 4:45 PM to 5:30 PM. We will confirm your check-in time at booking.
Luau Kalamaku Buffet Feast & Open Bar
- Drinks/Bar (included):
- Traditional tropical drinks, Mixed drinks, Local Beer, Wine & non alcoholic beverages
- Potato Macaroni Salad* (Vegetarian)
- Potatoes, macaroni, onion, celery seeds, garlic, green onion, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. *Contains eggs.
- Vegetarian Tofu Salad (Vegan~Vegetarian)
- Tofu, fresh tomato, red ogo (seaweed), Maui onion, sesame oil, fresh ginger.
- Seasonal Fruit Platter (Vegan~Vegetarian~Gluten-Free)
- May include any of the following: Hawaiian grown pineapple, locally grown sunrise papaya, cantaloupe, watermelon.
- Kauai Fresh Green Salad (Vegan~Vegetarian~Gluten-Free)
- Romaine lettuce, shredded carrots, cucumber, tomato and red radish.
- Balsamic Vinaigrette (Vegan~Vegetarian~Gluten-Free)
- Balsamic vinegar, salad oil, olive oil, fresh basil, sugar, garlic, black pepper.
- Poi (Vegan~Vegetarian~Gluten-Free)
- Taro root and water.
- Taro Rolls (Vegetarian)
- Taro, wheat flour, yeast, water, food color. Served with honey butter.
- Teriyaki Chicken*
- Chicken thighs, fresh ginger, fresh pineapple, garlic, cornstarch, water, soy sauce, salt and black pepper.
- Steamed Jasmine Rice (Vegan~Vegetarian~Gluten-Free)
- Aromatic Thai jasmine rice, star anise, salt, water.
- Kalua Pork* (Gluten-Free)
- Whole pig roasted underground in an imu (Hawaiian earth oven) wrapped in banana and ti leaves, salt, liquid smoke.
- Vegetable Chow Mein (Vegetarian)
- Chow mein noodles, bok choy, carrots, celery, onions, bell peppers, wonbok, garlic, shoyu, broccoli, cauliflower, sambal (chili paste), sesame oil.
- Sautéed Garlic Vegetables (Vegan~Vegetarian~Gluten-Free)
- Zucchini, onion, carrot, ginger, butter.
- Seasonal Fish
- Fish filet, ginger, coconut milk, garlic, spinach, heavy cream, white flour, pepper.
*Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of food borne illness, especially if you have certain medical conditions.
- Banana Cream Tart:
- Butter, salt, sugar, cornstarch, heavy cream, vanilla, crème de banana, salt.
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake:*
- Wheat flour, soy, milk, heavy cream, sugar, corn syrup, butter, pineapple. *Contains eggs.
- Haupia (Coconut Pudding)
- Cane sugar, coconut cream, coconut milk, cornstarch.
- 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM
- Stroll through our craft fair featuring local artisans.
- 5:30 PM – 6:10 PM
- Catch a ride on the Kauai Plantation Railway (additional charges apply).
- 5:00 PM – 7:30 PM
- Open bar
- 6:15 PM – 6:30 PM
- Imu Ceremony
- 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM
- Dinner, dessert, coffee, live music, and traditional Hula
- 7:30 PM – 8:15 PM
- Main show – Kalamaku
- 8:15 PM – 8:30 PM
- Photo session with our cast