- Kauai Kayaking
- Kauai Scuba Diving
- Kauai Snorkeling Tours
- Kauai Tours & Activities
- Kayaking Tours
- Snorkeling Tours
We have time to do it all: from blue water paddling to snorkeling, bird watching , beach combing, perhaps exploring a few tide pools and caves, all during a memorable day that combines 5 hours of intermittent sea and river kayaking with beach and reef time within the enchantment of Hanalei River, Bay, and Estuary.
Check in at our Wailua River Marina Shop. Depart in our air conditioned 14 passenger van with your guide to the beautiful verdant North Shore and Historical Hanalei Pier.
Paddle the calm idyllic and scenic Hanalei Heritage River as your expert guide(s) keep you safe and entertained with local lore, legends and natural history.
Spend time exploring Hanalei Bay and magnificent panoramic views of the Makana Peak (better knows as Bali Hai). View the fluted ridges of Namolokama, Mamalahoa, and Hihimanu peak, which lie like silent sentinels whose waterfalls, drop gourds of water into Wai’oli Valley, which lies behind the town of Hanalei Town.
We often see Green Sea Turtles and Spinner Dolphins accompanied by avian antics of such birds as the Boobie and Layson Albatross. Shore birds and river birds such as the Wandering Tattler, Gallinule and Black Capped Night Heron are seen as well.
Depending on sea conditions and/or group dynamics we can paddle west along the perimeter of the sandy shores of Hanalei Bay and into the lovely waters of Wai’oli stream. Or venture East at the picturesque sandy beach of Hideaways, for great snorkeling or some beach combing.
- Guide(s) CPR & 1st Aid, and Water Safety Certified
- Personal Flotation Devices (life preservers)
- Double kayaks
- Snorkel gear
- Water resistant bags
- Lunch (deli made ham, turkey, roast beef, salami, or vegetarian sandwiches)
- Refreshments of Hawaiian style tropical juices and bottled water
- Availability: Monday to Saturday (No Sundays)
- Tour Time: 9:00am to 3:00pm
- Check In Wailua River Marina: 9:00 a.m.
- Shuttle to Hanalei (free shuttle pick up for points North)
- Tour staged in Hanalei River Bay area 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- *Times are variable, i.e., longer or shorter and subject to the vagaries of group and weather dynamics.
- Shuttle back to Wailua River Marina: 3:00 p.m.
- Duration: 6 Hours
- Sun protection
- Bathing suit
- Waterproof camera
- Light shirt
- Footwear for the beach (aqua socks)
- Towel and change of clothes
- 4 person minimum opens a tour
- Children under 16 years need to be accompanied by an adult; if not, service will be denied with no refund.
- Recent floods have closed vehicular/trailer access to our traditional launching area at Black Pot Beach Beach Park until February of 2019, when Weke Road and park are slated to open to the public. Clients should know that we are now gaining access to this tour via a 1/4 to 1/2 mile walk along the Eastern perimeter of Hanalei Bay toting a dry bag of personal effects and PFD (life preserver).
- During winter months there are times Hanalei Bay can off limits to paddling due to high surf; during those occasions we explore the upper reaches of the tranquil and panoramic Hanalei River in depth.
- Participants should be comfortable in the water, in good overall physical health, up for the workout and not prone to sea-sickness.
- This tour is more challenging. Family friendly for the bit hardier family, perfect for the adventure paddlers, active couples and other
Location: Wailua River Marina
Address: 3-5971 Kuhio Hwy, Kapaa, HI 96746
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/2GttxAh5oE92
Please submit special dietary requests at least 24 hours in advance of tour.