Kai Bear Sportfishing offers a variety of shared charters delivering great memories and views of panoramic vistas as you cruise the beautiful waters of the garden isle.
Our two fully equipped Bertram boats, the 38 ft Kai Bear & the 42 ft Grander depart from Nawiliwili harbor, Kauai’s main seaport. You will immediately sense you are in competent hands with the experienced and friendly Captain and crew.
Within fifteen minutes of leaving the slip, you will be fishing some of the most productive big game waters on earth. Depending on the season, you can expect to catch Pacific Blue Marlin or Striped Marlin, Ahi Tuna, Mahi Mahi, Ono and even an occasional Sailfish. With at least one custom made Blue Water Rod and Penn International Gold 2-speed reel for each fisherman, experience proven lures will be positioned to entice even the most elusive trophy fish.
About the Trip:
Daily deep sea fishing charters depart 6:00AM from Nawiliwili small boat harbor. Just bring your food and drink for the day; large coolers and ice are already on board. Fishing tackle, gear and license are included. We welcome seasoned anglers or those with no previous fishing experience. Our daily morning briefing covers the details you need to get ready for that first bite!
Kauai offers access to some of the best offshore natural fishing grounds in Hawaii to catch big game fish such as Pacific Blue Marlin, Ahi (yellowfin tuna), Mahi Mahi (dorado), Ono (wahoo), and Aku (skipjack tuna).
About the Emma Nalani:
- 38’ Bertram Sport Fishing Yacht, designed especially for deep sea sport fishing in Hawaiian waters.
- Large Indoor Cabin
- Indoor Flushing Bathroom
- Spacious back deck, large shaded Fly-bridge with seating for six
- Professional Big Game Fighting Chair
- USCG certified for multi-passenger trips
Being that Kauai is a tiny island in the Pacific we do not have the luxury of trucking or flying in fresh fish to support our local restaurants, bars & hotels. Instead they rely on us (local commercial fishermen) to provide them with fresh fish on a daily basis so visitors like yourself can enjoy “fresh fish” while dining out on the island.
Like most commercial fishing vessels on the island our policy states that we reserve the right to hold any fish over 50 lbs for market. In the event that the only catch of the day is over 50 lbs. we will try to arrange a share of the next days catch with you to compensate. All fish under 50 lbs. will be shared with all of the participants for the day. If you have any questions about our catch policy please let us know.
What makes us different?
- We have BIG, SPACIOUS, SAFE 38′ and 42′ Bertram professional fishing vessels. This means you will have enough personal space to enjoy your trip and have the ability to get out of the sun to avoid a nasty sunburn that will ruin the rest of your vacation.
- We have Private Indoor Flushing Bathrooms. May not sound important now but when you, your wife or your kids need to “GO” while your on the trip, you’ll appreciate the fact that you can go as nature intended… In private.
- We give you the best seat in the house. As a technological advancement, the fighting chair outranks even the outrigger and the tuna tower; after all, there’s not much use in seeing and hooking big game fish if there’s no way to use the heavy tackle required for the fight. Fighting chairs allow anglers of all shapes and sizes to battle the world’s largest marlin and tuna in relative comfort.
- Availability: Daily
- Tour Time: 6:00 AM
- Duration: 6 Hours
- Bring your food and drink (ice and coolers provided)
- Shared Charters require a minimum of 4 passengers in order to be confirmed. In the event the charter has less than 4 passengers your charter may be rescheduled or refunded
- Shared Charters have a maximum of 6 guests
- If you have a medical condition, you will need to discuss this at the time of reservation so we can make sure we are able to accommodate you and insure you will enjoy your trip.
- No pregnancies, no recent surgeries.
- No children under the age of 5.
- If you have a bad attitude, and no sense of humor, we don’t allow you on the boat. Please respect the boat, as your captain spends more time on the boat than he does at home. Please treat it like you are in his home.
- We provide an ice chest with bottled water and ice for our guests. There is plenty of room for you to keep your lunches/snacks if needed.
- No glass bottles or Styrofoam coolers will be allowed on board.
Location: Nawiliwili Small Boat Harbor Slip #300
- Address: 2494 Niumalu Rd., Lihue, HI 96766
- Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/6hVwkQpaUuv
Special Notes: Gratuity is not included in the price.