Departing from Kapolei in West O’ahu, fly East over Waikīkī and Diamond Head then over the Molokai Channel or Ka’iwi Channel to reach the historically significant and stunningly beautiful island of Molokai. On O’ahu, your flight path will include aerial views such as the epic surf breaks along the North Shore, the impressive military complex at Kaneohe, and the charming and iconic Chinaman’s Hat Island.
As you reach the Western flanks of Moloka’i, you’ll gaze upon pristine and remote beaches then skim along the largest sea cliffs in the world where millennia of exposure to the natural elements of wind, wave, and rain have sculpted breathtaking rock formations.
From the air, you’ll see how utterly cut off from the rest of the world the Kalaupapa Peninsula of Moloka’i was and still is today. Your pilot will tell you heart-string pulling tales of bravery and the resilience of the human spirit which led the US government to make the Kalaupapa Peninsula a Natural Historical Park out of respect for the events that occurred there. Soar over the misty green folds of Kamakou mountain and surrounding ridges as you fly over Moloka’i Forest Reserve.
As you return to O’ahu, you’ll see Pearl Harbor from the same vantage point as the US Airmen who responded to the fateful attack on the Day of Infamy. Soak in the incredible views of Ala Moana Beach Park, the busy Ala Wai Boat Harbor, and the iconic skyline and white sands of Waikīkī Beach. Peer into Diamond Head Crater (Lē‘ahi) from above and gain a new understanding of what formed this famous landmark. Fly by the tumbling Lulumahu Falls nestled in the lush Nu‘uanu Valley, Punchbowl National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific, and Kaliuwa’a (Sacred Falls) which has been permanently closed to the public and is now only viewable by air. See beautiful Ka’a’awa Valley (also known as Kualoa Valley) which was a residence of kings, and where young men of noble blood were brought for training. As you continue to head West, gaze at the gem-like luxury resorts of sunny Kapolei before landing at our West O’ahu base.
- Pearl Harbor & Honolulu
- Ala Moana Beach Park
- Ala Wai Boat Harbor
- Waikīkī Beach & Lē‘ahi (Diamond Head)
- Lulumahu Falls
- Punchbowl National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific
- Kapolei West Oahu Resort Area
- Kaliuwa’a (Sacred Falls), now viewable only by air
- World’s Tallest Sea Cliffs (almost 4000’ above the Pacific!)
- Historical town of Kalaupapa
- Pristine white sand beaches
- Lush Rainforest
- Inaccessible Mountains
- Approx. 2 hours total air tour flight time in Bell 407.
- Two-way communication between you, your pilot, and your group.
- Round-trip ground transportation from the Kapolei West Oahu Resort Area.
- Tour Times: Morning, Afternoon
- Duration: 2 Hours*
* Total flight time typically varies slightly.
- Please wear dark-colored clothing. Lighter clothing will cause a reflection in the windows and show up in your photos as well as the photos of other guests.
- If you are prone to motion sickness then we would suggest taking something before you fly. Our helicopters do provide a smooth ride and most people do great!
- Guests should not go SCUBA diving less than 24 hours before their flight departure time.
- We will not cancel a flight due to weather unless it is unsafe to fly. Weather can change quickly so our pilots are checking weather continuously for safety and visibility concerns, and any decision to cancel due to weather is not made until right before a flight departs. We will fly if it is raining, but not if the visibility is poor.
- Cancellation Policy is 48 hours prior to your tour time.
- COVID-19 Update:
- Guests aged five (5) years and older are required to wear a face mask (covering the nose and mouth) during their time in and around our facilities and aircraft.
- Guests and staff are asked to maintain a six-foot distance from one another and sneeze/cough into an elbow.
- Staff may ask to check your temperature to ensure you are not exhibiting symptoms.
- Guests will be required to complete a COVID-19 waiver upon Check-in time.
- To encourage a contactless check-in experience, we are currently not accepting cash as a form of payment.
- For the safety of our staff, we reserve the right to refuse service to any guest we feel is exhibiting symptoms.
Location: Paradise Helicopters, Kalaeloa Airport.
Address: 300 Midway St, Kapolei, HI 96707
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/iGZFWkQHjUzfwwrg7
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your tour time.
- Upgrade to a Scenic landing (adds 45 minutes to your total experience) at check out.
- Easy: Suitable for adults, children, and seniors.
- Flights are temporarily limited to inter-island transportation, sightseeing charters, and private tours. A private tour is when one party flies on a helicopter at a time – defined as those dwelling in the same household. Guests and staff are asked to maintain a six-foot distance from one another and sneeze/cough into an elbow. Please refrain from shaking hands and engaging in unnecessary physical contact with those outside your party while on our premises. If you are experiencing any symptoms such as cough, fever, abnormal fatigue, or not feeling well please refrain from entering our facilities.
Modified Cabin Space
- On our Bell 407 helicopters and twin-engine Bell 430 helicopter, we have the ability to divide the front pilot area with the back guest area of our aircraft; copilot seat to remain empty. Additionally, our Bell helicopters have separate air conditioning systems for separation of airflow between the cockpit and the main passenger cabin.
- We have shortened our check-in time to 30 minutes prior to your flight. To encourage a contactless check-in experience, we are currently not accepting cash as a form of payment. If you are exhibiting COVID-like symptoms (dry cough/ fever/abnormal fatigue), please notify us immediately before you go to our base of operations. Any guests or staff who are not feeling well are required to stay home. If you are exhibiting symptoms upon check-in, you will be asked to postpone your flight. Staff may ask to check your temperature to ensure you are not exhibiting symptoms for the safety of our staff and other passengers. For the safety of our staff, we reserve the right to refuse service to any guest we feel is exhibiting symptoms.
- Per Hawaii’s Governor Emergency Proclamation and CDC guidelines, guests aged five (5) years and older are required to wear a face mask (covering the nose and mouth) during their time in and around our facilities and aircraft. Guests flying on our doors-off flights must wear a mask that fits tightly behind the ears to ensure it will not leave the aircraft during flight.
- If you are exhibiting COVID-like symptoms before you fly (dry cough/ fever/abnormal fatigue), please notify us immediately before you go to our base of operations. Any guests or staff who are not feeling well are required to stay home. If you are exhibiting symptoms upon check-in, you will be asked to postpone your flight. Staff may ask to check your temperature to ensure you are not exhibiting symptoms. For the safety of our staff, we reserve the right to refuse service to any guest we feel is exhibiting symptoms. In addition, all pilots receive routine screening for COVID-19.
Cleaning & Sanitization
- Hand sanitizer will be provided to all staff and guests. Employees are required to wash their hands regularly. Sanitization via spray, wipe or fogger is used in all aircraft prior to boarding. Seatbelts and headsets are sanitized between flights.
We Look Forward to Flying With You!
- We are committed to making your adventure with us nothing short of amazing. We have taken many risk mitigation measures to ensure your safety while flying with us. Along with our mandatory COVID-19 procedures, we will be requesting for you to complete a COVID-19 waiver upon your arrival to help ensure the safety of our staff and other passengers. Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to seeing you soon.