UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Daily
- Tour Times: Mid-Afternoon*
- Duration: 1 Hour 15 Minutes**
*Time varies, it will be 1 hour 15 minutes before the sunset.
** Approx. total duration is 2 hours (includes 30 min check-in time, 1 hour 15 minutes flight time)
Follow our popular Circle Island Experience route to enjoy the only full-circle tour of Oahu by helicopter, with the added romance of sunset. See incredible aerial views colored in golden hues, including historical Pearl Harbor, the WWII Arizona Memorial, and Battleship Missouri. You will also see Honolulu Harbor, the storied beaches and skyline of Waikiki, and the iconic Diamond Head Crater. Discover the imagery of Oahu – Hanauma Bay, Sandy Beach, and Makapuu Lighthouse to the East and the fantastic coral formations of Kaneohe Bay & Mokolii (Chinaman’s Hat) to the north. Even sneak a peek into “Jurassic Park” or, as it has been known locally for hundreds of years, Kaaawa Valley. The thousand-foot cascade of Kaliuwaa (Sacred Falls), which is accessible only by air, is sure to stun you, along with the fabled North Shore surf breaks at Sunset, Pipeline, & Waimea Bay. As you round Kaena Point, you get a glimpse of the serene Waianae Coast, a hidden gem of the island. Uncrowded and glorious white sand beaches – Yokohama, Makaha, and Pokai – form pockets along the coast and glows beautifully as the sun sinks into the Pacific at the end of a perfect day in Paradise.
- Kaliuwaa (Sacred Falls)
- Kaaawa Valley
- Leahi (Diamond Head)
- Waikiki Beach
- Pearl Harbor
- Hanauma Bay
- Kaneohe Bay
- North Shore
- Kaena Point
- Waianae Coast
- Kapolei West Oahu
- Air tour flown in a Bell 407 helicopter (seats up to 6 guests)
- Two-way communication between you, your pilot, and your group
- Please wear dark-colored clothing. Lighter clothing will cause a reflection in the windows and show up in your photos as well as the photos of other guests.
- If you are prone to motion sickness then we would suggest taking something before you fly. Our helicopters do provide a smooth ride and most people do great!
- Guests should not go SCUBA diving less than 24 hours before their flight departure time.
- Children under the age of two (2) fly free when seated in the lap of a paying adult – proof of age required for lap children under two (2). Children 24 months and over require an individual full-fare seat.
- Children must be at least 12 years old to sit next to an open door while aircraft is in flight.
- For passengers weighing above 265 lbs when weighed at check-in, additional Capacity Surcharge fees are required, charged during check out or at check-in. The guest will be guaranteed a window seat.
- All guests weighing between 265 lbs – 300 lbs when weighed at check-in, will be assessed a Capacity Surcharge of $100 on our Bell 407 helicopter. They will be guaranteed a window seat.
- We require that any guests weighing 300 lbs. or more purchase an additional empty seat to safely balance the aircraft. They will be guaranteed a window seat.
- Weights for all guests are requested at the time of booking, and their accuracy is essential to ensure the comfort and safety of all guests. To ensure safety, we weigh all guests at check-in, and if we are unable to fly a guest due to an inaccurate weight provided at the time of booking, no refund will be made.
- Picture ID matching the credit card used for the purchase will be confirmed at check-in.
- We will not cancel a flight due to weather unless it is unsafe to fly. Weather can change quickly so our pilots are checking weather continuously for safety and visibility concerns, and any decision to cancel due to weather is not made until right before a flight departs. We will fly if it is raining, but not if the visibility is poor.
- Cancellation Policy is 48 hours prior to your tour time.
- For Doors-Off Flights:
- Please bring a jacket as the cabin will be cool and very windy.
- If you wish to take photos during the flight, your camera or phone must have a strap and be secured to you.
- No hats or other loose accessories such as scarves are permitted on the flight.
- We will ask you to empty your pockets before your flight to remove anything that could potentially become airborne, including camera lenses or personal items.
- Closed-toe shoes required and may not have open backs
- Prescription glasses and sunglasses may be worn on doors-off flights as your 2-way communication headset will pin them securely to your head. If they are not worn, we will ask you to leave them behind.
- If you have longer hair, we recommend tying it back.
- No ipads or selfie sticks are allowed.
Location: Paradise Helicopters, Kalaeloa Airport, O‘ahu
Address: 300 Midway St, Kapolei, HI 96707
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/8Qtjd2dk9Wi76v4N9
Parking & Check-In:
- Please arrive at the Kalaeloa Airport Tower parking lot 45 minutes prior to your tour departure. Our van will pick you up here and take you to our helicopter pad and hangar.
- Easy: Suitable for adults, children, and seniors.