UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Daily
- Tour Times: Mid-Morning, Mid-Afternoon
- Duration: 1 Hour 15 Minutes*
* Approx. total duration is 2 hours (includes 30 min check-in time, 1 hour and 15 minutes flight time)
Covering the island of Oahu from above, our Circle Island Experience is the only full-circle tour of Oahu by helicopter. See incredible aerial views starting with a taste of history over Pearl Harbor, the WWII Arizona Memorial, and Battleship Missouri. Next, soar above the bustling Honolulu Harbor, beautiful Waikiki, and iconic Diamond Head Crater. Heading further east, you’ll overfly Koko Head Crater and Hanauma Bay before Sandy Beach and Makapuu Lighthouse. Heading north, you will come across the fantastic coral formations of Kaneohe Bay, Mokolii (Chinaman’s Hat), and take a peek into “Jurassic Park”– or, as it has been known locally for hundreds of years, Kaaawa Valley. The thousand-foot cascade of Kaliuwaa (Sacred Falls) is sure to stun you and is accessible only by air.
Then you’ll see the Polynesian Cultural Center, Turtle Bay Resort, and world-famous surfing spots of the North Shore – Sunset, Pipeline, Waimea Bay, and more. As you round Kaena Point, you get a glimpse of the serene Waianae Coast, a hidden gem of the island. Uncrowded and glorious white sand beaches – Yokohama, Makaha, and Pokai – lace the coast. Historic Makaha Valley comes into view as you are a few minutes away from arriving back in Koolina.
- Kaliuwaa (Sacred Falls
- Kaaawa Valley
- Leahi (Diamond Head)
- Waikiki Beach
- Pearl Harbor
- Hanauma Bay
- Kaneohe Bay
- North Shore
- Kaena Point
- Waianae Coast
- Kapolei West Oahu
- Air tour flown in a Bell 407 helicopter (seats up to 6 guests)
- Two-way communication between you, your pilot, and your group
- Please wear dark-colored clothing. Lighter clothing will cause a reflection in the windows and show up in your photos as well as the photos of other guests.
- For Door-off flights a jacket is suggested as the flight is cool and windy
- If you are prone to motion sickness then we would suggest taking something before you fly. Our helicopters do provide a smooth ride and most people do great!
- Guests should not go SCUBA diving less than 24 hours before their flight departure time.
- Children under the age of two (2) fly free when seated in the lap of a paying adult – proof of age required for lap children under two (2). Children 24 months and over require an individual full-fare seat.
- Children must be at least 12 years old to sit next to an open door while aircraft is in flight.
- For passengers weighing above 265 lbs when weighed at check-in, additional Capacity Surcharge fees are required, charged during check out or at check-in. The guest will be guaranteed a window seat.
- All guests weighing between 265 lbs – 300 lbs when weighed at check-in, will be assessed a Capacity Surcharge of $100 on our Bell 407 helicopter. They will be guaranteed a window seat.
- We require that any guests weighing 300 lbs. or more purchase an additional empty seat to safely balance the aircraft. They will be guaranteed a window seat.
- Weights for all guests are requested at the time of booking, and their accuracy is essential to ensure the comfort and safety of all guests. To ensure safety, we weigh all guests at check-in, and if we are unable to fly a guest due to an inaccurate weight provided at the time of booking, no refund will be made.
- Picture ID matching the credit card used for the purchase will be confirmed at check-in.
- We will not cancel a flight due to weather unless it is unsafe to fly. Weather can change quickly so our pilots are checking weather continuously for safety and visibility concerns, and any decision to cancel due to weather is not made until right before a flight departs. We will fly if it is raining, but not if the visibility is poor.
- Cancellation Policy is 48 hours prior to your tour time.
- For Doors-Off Flights:
- Please bring a jacket as the cabin will be cool and very windy.
- If you wish to take photos during the flight, your camera or phone must have a strap and be secured to you.
- No hats or other loose accessories such as scarves are permitted on the flight.
- We will ask you to empty your pockets before your flight to remove anything that could potentially become airborne, including camera lenses or personal items.
- Closed-toe shoes required and may not have open backs
- Prescription glasses and sunglasses may be worn on doors-off flights as your 2-way communication headset will pin them securely to your head. If they are not worn, we will ask you to leave them behind.
- If you have longer hair, we recommend tying it back.
- No ipads or selfie sticks are allowed.
Location: Paradise Helicopters, Kalaeloa Airport, O‘ahu
Address: 300 Midway St, Kapolei, HI 96707
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/8Qtjd2dk9Wi76v4N9
Parking & Check-In:
- Please arrive at the Kalaeloa Airport Tower parking lot 45 minutes prior to your tour departure. Our van will pick you up here and take you to our helicopter pad and hangar.
- Easy: Suitable for adults, children, and seniors.