UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Daily
- Tour Times: Mid-Morning, Mid-Afternoon
- Duration: 40 Minutes*
* Approx. total duration is 1 hr 10 min (includes 30 min check-in time, 40 minutes flight time)
Get acquainted with Hawaii’s unique cast of characters on the Legends of West Oahu flight. How did demi-god Maui use his hook? Did Pele always live only on Hawaii Island? Over the course of your 40-minute flight, our pilot will regale you with myths of Hawaii’s deities as you view this fabled island from above. Tour central Oahu, the beauty of the North Shore, and Waianae, retracing their adventures. From your vantage point, you will have a unique opportunity to see with your own eyes how the aina (land) is inextricably linked to our Akua (gods). This is a great flight for kids, or anyone interested in learning how the geographical features of our island home form the culture and legends of Hawaii.
- Kaena Point
- Waianae Coast
- Approx. 40 minutes total air tour flight time in Bell 407
- Two-way communication between you, your pilot, and your group
- Please wear dark-colored clothing. Lighter clothing will cause a reflection in the windows and show up in your photos as well as the photos of other guests.
- If you are prone to motion sickness then we would suggest taking something before you fly. Our helicopters do provide a smooth ride and most people do great!
- Guests should not go SCUBA diving less than 24 hours before their flight departure time.
- Children under the age of two (2) fly free when seated in the lap of a paying adult – proof of age required for lap children under two (2). Children 24 months and over require an individual full-fare seat.
- Children must be at least 12 years old to sit next to an open door while aircraft is in flight.
- For passengers weighing above 265 lbs when weighed at check-in, additional Capacity Surcharge fees are required, charged during check out or at check-in. The guest will be guaranteed a window seat.
- All guests weighing between 265 lbs – 300 lbs when weighed at check-in, will be assessed a Capacity Surcharge of $100 on our Bell 407 helicopter. They will be guaranteed a window seat.
- We require that any guests weighing 300 lbs. or more purchase an additional empty seat to safely balance the aircraft. They will be guaranteed a window seat.
- Weights for all guests are requested at the time of booking, and their accuracy is essential to ensure the comfort and safety of all guests. To ensure safety, we weigh all guests at check-in, and if we are unable to fly a guest due to an inaccurate weight provided at the time of booking, no refund will be made.
- Picture ID matching the credit card used for the purchase will be confirmed at check-in.
- We will not cancel a flight due to the weather unless it is unsafe to fly. Weather can change quickly so our pilots are checking weather continuously for safety and visibility concerns, and any decision to cancel due to weather is not made until right before a flight departs. We will fly if it is raining, but not if the visibility is poor.
- Cancellation Policy is 48 hours prior to your tour time.
- For Doors-Off Flights:
- Please bring a jacket as the cabin will be cool and very windy.
- If you wish to take photos during the flight, your camera or phone must have a strap and be secured to you.
- No hats or other loose accessories such as scarves are permitted on the flight.
- We will ask you to empty your pockets before your flight to remove anything that could potentially become airborne, including camera lenses or personal items.
- Closed-toe shoes required and may not have open backs
- Prescription glasses and sunglasses may be worn on doors-off flights as your 2-way communication headset will pin them securely to your head. If they are not worn, we will ask you to leave them behind.
- If you have longer hair, we recommend tying it back.
- No ipads or selfie sticks are allowed.
Location: Paradise Helicopters, Kalaeloa Airport.
Address: 300 Midway St, Kapolei, HI 96707
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/iGZFWkQHjUzfwwrg7
Parking & Check-In:
- Please arrive at the Kalaeloa Airport Tower parking lot 45 minutes prior to your tour departure. Our van will pick you up here and take you to our helicopter pad and hangar.
- Easy: Suitable for adults, children, and seniors.