UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (Closed Monday and Thursday)
- Tour Times: Mid-Morning, Mid-Afternoon
- Duration: 40 Minutes*
* Approx. total duration 70 min (includes 30 min check-in time, 40 minutes flight time)
Paradise Helicopters’ Diamond Head Scenic tour is the best way to see some of the most famous spots in Hawai‘i by air. Departing from the Kalaeloa Airport just minutes from the resorts at Kapolei West Oahu, you will see Pearl Harbor from the same vantage point as the US Airmen who responded to the fateful attack on the Day of Infamy. You will also drink in the incredible views of Ala Moana Beach Park, the busy Ala Wai Boat Harbor, and the iconic white sand beach of Waikiki.
Come to a new appreciation of Leahi (Diamond Head Crater) from a dramatic perspective before turning toward Lulumahu Falls in the lush Nuuanu Valley. Glance over at Punchbowl National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific before returning to the luxurious Kapolei West Oahu Resort Area on the sunny westside of Oahu.
- Pearl Harbor
- Ala Moana Beach Park
- Ala Wai Boat Harbor
- Waikiki Beach
- Leahi (Diamond Head)
- Lulumahu Falls
- Punchbowl National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific
- Kapolei West Oahu Resort Area
- Air tour flown in a Bell 407 helicopter (seats up to 6 guests)
- Two-way communication between you, your pilot, and your group
- Please wear dark-colored clothing. Lighter clothing will cause a reflection in the windows and show up in your photos as well as the photos of other guests.
- For Door-off flights a jacket is suggested as the flight is cool and windy
- If you are prone to motion sickness then we would suggest taking something before you fly. Our helicopters do provide a smooth ride and most people do great!
- Guests should not go SCUBA diving less than 24 hours before their flight departure time.
- Children under the age of two (2) fly free when seated in the lap of a paying adult – proof of age required for lap children under two (2). Children 24 months and over require an individual full-fare seat.
- Children must be at least 12 years old to sit next to an open door while aircraft is in flight.
- For passengers weighing above 265 lbs when weighed at check-in, additional Capacity Surcharge fees are required, charged during check out or at check-in. The guest will be guaranteed a window seat.
- All guests weighing between 265 lbs – 300 lbs when weighed at check-in, will be assessed a Capacity Surcharge of $100 on our Bell 407 helicopter. They will be guaranteed a window seat.
- We require that any guests weighing 300 lbs. or more purchase an additional empty seat to safely balance the aircraft. They will be guaranteed a window seat.
- Weights for all guests are requested at the time of booking, and their accuracy is essential to ensure the comfort and safety of all guests. To ensure safety, we weigh all guests at check-in, and if we are unable to fly a guest due to an inaccurate weight provided at the time of booking, no refund will be made.
- Picture ID matching the credit card used for the purchase will be confirmed at check-in.
- We will not cancel a flight due to the weather unless it is unsafe to fly. Weather can change quickly so our pilots are checking weather continuously for safety and visibility concerns, and any decision to cancel due to weather is not made until right before a flight departs. We will fly if it is raining, but not if the visibility is poor.
- Cancellation Policy is 48 hours prior to your tour time.
- For Doors-Off Flights:
- Please bring a jacket as the cabin will be cool and very windy.
- If you wish to take photos during the flight, your camera or phone must have a strap and be secured to you.
- No hats or other loose accessories such as scarves are permitted on the flight.
- We will ask you to empty your pockets before your flight to remove anything that could potentially become airborne, including camera lenses or personal items.
- Closed-toe shoes required and may not have open backs
- Prescription glasses and sunglasses may be worn on doors-off flights as your 2-way communication headset will pin them securely to your head. If they are not worn, we will ask you to leave them behind.
- If you have longer hair, we recommend tying it back.
- No ipads or selfie sticks are allowed.
Location: Paradise Helicopters, Kalaeloa Airport, O‘ahu
Address: 300 Midway St, Kapolei, HI 96707
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/8Qtjd2dk9Wi76v4N9
Parking & Check-In:
- Please arrive at the Kalaeloa Airport Tower parking lot 45 minutes prior to your tour departure. Our van will pick you up here and take you to our helicopter pad and hangar.
- Easy: Suitable for adults, children, and seniors.