Oahu is part of the most isolated chain of islands in the world! This means that as much as 30 percent of the marine life you’ll see on our reefs cannot be found anywhere else on earth! Aside from this, our reefs are known for their variety of colorful hard corals such as lobe, cauliflower, antler, brain and mushroom. Don’t miss the small stuff! While everyone can appreciate our massive turtles and other large pelagic animals, we stress the importance of the little guys. Our guides are known around the island for finding things other miss such as rare and colorful nudibranchs (sea slugs), frogfish, flourescent shrimp, camouflage octopus and more!
- Snacks & Drinks
TURTLE CANYON -15 to 30ft/5-10m
Its in the name! As many as a two dozen green sea turtles can been seen together here. Take a knee and watch one of the busiest turtle cleaning stations on the island. Several at a time gather to have their shells cleaned by tangs, wrasses and other fish. The turtles are used to divers, so getting a photo with one is usually easy. Don’t touch though, these guys are protected by law.
NAUTILUS REEF – 30 to 60ft/10-18m
A great example of Hawaiian hard corals create a nice elongated reef. One of those rare dives where white tips can almost always be found resting under lave rock ledges by day. Massive yellow margin moray eels, leaf scorpionfish, and octopus are also common
HORSESHOE REEF/KEWALO PIPE – 40 to 65 ft/12 – 20m
Another south side double whammy! Horseshoe reef gets its name from its shape. Here you can find several species of eels, pincushion starfish, and antler coral. Swim 50ft/15m to Kewalo pipe. Keep your eyes peeled for spotted eagle rays off in the distance, and follow along this drainage pipe covered in coral and little critters galore.
Note: Dive sites are chosen each day based on weather and water conditions
- Availability: Daily
- Tour Times: 10:30 AM
- Duration: 4 Hours
- Reef Safe Sunscreen
- Age must be 10 years and older
- Dive is for Certified Divers (must present Certification)
- You must be in good overall health to participate.
- If you are pregnant, you may not take part.
- You must have good circulation and healthy, unblocked breathing.
- If you are taking antidepressants, or other potential contraindicated medications, you will need a medical release form signed by your doctor to take part.
- You must be in good physical condition. If you have asthma, epilepsy, diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, or have suffered a stroke, you will need a medical release form signed by your doctor to take part.
- If you have problems equalizing your ears, you should not take part.