Kayak on beautiful Kane’ohe Bay located on the windward coast of Oahu. Kane’ohe Bay is home to Oahu’s only barrier reef.
Enjoy a guided eco-tour with Kama’aina Kids’ friendly staff of certified instructors. Experience the magnificence of Kaneohe Bay’s pristine waters and diverse sea life with the Bay’s one and only kayak eco-tour.
The three hour tour will journey to Coconut Island, home of the Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology (and where the television show, Gilligan’s Island, was filmed). Along the way explore and snorkel at various patch reefs and observe sea turtles, rays, and tropical fish in their natural habitat. Your guide will point out cultural sites, such as the traditional Hawaiian fish pond at He’eia, and will also explain some of the challenges facing the ecosystem of the Bay.
The protected waters of the Kaneohe Bay make it a perfect place for kayakers of all skill levels. This hands-on approach makes it a safe and exciting learning experience for all ages.
This Package Includes
- Transportation to and from Waikiki
- Kayak, safety, and snorkel gear
- Escort safety boat with a professionally certified ocean kayak guide
- snacks and drinks
- Hawaiian BBQ lunch (vegetarian options available)
All proceeds go to help support He’eia Learning Center.
- 8:45 – 9:00 AM: Check-in
- 9:00 AM: Departure
- Duration: 4-hour Adventure (3 hours on the water; 1 hour for lunch)
- Tour operates Monday-Saturday
- This tour is perfect for families with young children, and guests of all ages and experience levels!
- All Participant briefing of Kane’ohe Bay, surrounding area, and local marine life
- Kayak and safety gear briefing
- Kayak tow halfway to Coconut Island (Gilligan’s Island)
- Kayaks paddle to Coconut and Land on the Island
- Snorkel site, safety and marine-life briefing
- Coconut Island history briefing
- 45 minute snorkel with Hawaiian green sea turtles, fish, live coral, and sea cucumbers
- Downwind paddle back to He’eia State Park (Safety boat can tow those who wish to sit back and enjoy the beautiful views rather than paddle)
- Fresh-water showers and changing rooms
- No Infants. Ages 5+. All participants must be able to fit into at least a 30-50 pound life jacket