- Big Island Helicopter Tours
- Big Island Tours & Activities
- Big Island Volcano Tours
- Hawaii Volcano Tours
- Helicopter Tours
- Hiking & Climbing
DEPARTS: HILO / DURATION: 9 HOURS
One of Paradise Helicopter’s most popular tours, the Volcano by Air & Land, is now available with departures from Hilo! Combine the thrill of doors off flight with unobstructed views of any lava activity, with an in depth ground tour of area surrounding Kilauea Volcano.
One of Paradise Helicopters’ most popular tours, the Volcano by Air & Land, is now available with departures from Hilo! Combine the excitement of a doors-off flight with unobstructed views and an in-depth ground tour of areas surrounding Kīlauea Volcano. Start with the only doors-off helicopter flight over the volcano on Paradise Helicopters’ Doors-Off Lava & Rainforests Adventure tour, where your pilot will search out the day’s activity.
After the first part of your “air” experience, you will land in Hilo and meet your expert Hawaii Forest & Trail interpretive guide. Travel through the remote and rugged landscape of Kau – home to historic farms, ranches, famous black sand beaches and a private lava tube. Discover how the powerful forces of nature have shaped the people and landscape of this dynamic region, Hawaii’s largest land district. The perfect blend of nature and culture led by an expert Interpretive Guide, this tour reveals what it’s like to live on two active volcanoes. A picnic lunch is served during your adventure before you return to the Hilo Airport.
- Walk across a crystal-fine black sand beach as you search for basking sea turtles at Punaluu.
- Discover the all the “must see” spots within the Park including the dramatically changed Halemaumau Crater.
- Drive off-road to a private lava tube known for its bright yellow and gold microbial mats living on and accenting the cave walls.
- Immerse yourself in stories of Hawaiian legends and mythology with a focus on Pele Hawaiian goddess of fire lightning, wind, & volcanoes
- Current activity at Kilauea Volcano
- Experience a Black Sand Beach
- Native Hawaiian Rainforest Stroll
- Ground transportation to and from Hilo airport
- Includes: All access fees, deli lunch, waters, assorted beverages, and use of daypacks, walking staffs, raingear, and warm wear.
- Menu: Lunch: Including sandwich or salad (choice of turkey, ham, tuna, veggie, or mac nut chicken salad) chips, juice drinks, and a sweet treat.
- Please make reservations no less than 48 hrs in advance to confirm tour availability
- Availability: Monday. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday (closed Sunday)
- Tour Time: 7:30 AM
- Duration: 9 hours
* total flight time typically varies from 40-50 minutes
- All cameras and sunglasses must have straps
- No hats permitted on flight
- Dress Code: closed-toe shoes, wear or bring long pants, and a light jacket
- Must be able to walk over uneven terrain and short climbs
- Tour length subject to change
- Short hikes under 2 miles – rated easy to moderate. Can be foggy and misty
- Moderate: Must be able to walk over uneven terrain and short climbs.
- For passengers above 265 lbs., fees are charged during check out or at check-in. The guest will be guaranteed a window seat. All guests between 265 lbs – 300 lbs (when weighed at check-in), will be assessed a Capacity Surcharge of $50 on our Hughes/MD 500 or $100 on our Bell 407. They will be guaranteed a window seat. All guests weighing over 300 lbs are required to purchase a second, cabin comfort & safety seat at a discounted price. They will be guaranteed a window seat. Accurate weights at the time of booking are essential to ensure comfort and safety of all guests. If a passenger is unable to fly due to an inaccurate weight provided at the time of booking, no refund will be made. By maintaining proper weight and balance in our aircraft we can provide guests with a safe, smooth and comfortable Experience on Paradise Helicopters.
Location: Paradise Helicopters, Hilo Airport
Address: 2450 Kekuanaoa St, Hilo, HI 96720
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/XGB7ZWE93rk7JwqY6
Please arrive 1 hour prior to your tour time.