- Big Island Helicopter Tours
- Big Island Tours & Activities
- Big Island Volcano Tours
- Hawaii Volcano Tours
- Helicopter Tours
The Lava & Rainforests Adventure showcases the story of how Hawai‘i is inextricably linked to the elements. You will fly over Kīlauea, what was the most active volcano on earth, and continue towards the crater that was previously Pu‘u ‘Ō‘ō Vent. The windward side also catches enough rain to make Hilo the wettest city in the United States. All this water fills tunnels that once flowed with lava, creating incredible rivers, pools, and waterfalls all over East Hawai’i. View Hilo’s lush rainforests, Mauna Loa’s vistas, and the plunging Wai‘ānuenue (Rainbow Falls), so named for the rainbows you can see in the mist when the early morning sunshine hits the water.
Choose the Lava & Rainforests Adventure to see the volcanoes and waterfalls inaccessible by any other means!
- Current activity at Kilauea Volcano
- Tropical rainforests of Puna
- Waterfalls of North Hilo
- Air tour flown in a Bell 407 (seats up to 6 guests)
- Two-way communication between you, your pilot, and your group
- All cameras including cell phones must have straps
- No hats permitted on flight
- Closed-toe shoes required
- Availability: Daily
- Tour Times: Morning, Afternoon
- Duration: 60 Minutes*
* Approx. 1.5 hours (includes 30 min check-in time, 60 minutes flight time)
- Please wear long pants, a light jacket, and closed-toe shoes.
- Guests should not go SCUBA diving less than 24 hours before their flight departure time.
- Children under the age of two (2) fly free when seated in the lap of a paying adult – proof of age required for lap children under two (2). Children 24 months and over require an individual full-fare seat.
- Children must be at least 12 years old to sit next to an open door while aircraft is in flight.
- Each guest weighing 270 lbs. or more must purchase an extra seat for weight and balance purposes. The extra seat is discounted by 15% (before fuel surcharge). All guests who purchase an extra seat are guaranteed a window seat.
Weights for all guests are requested at the time of booking, and their accuracy is essential to ensure the comfort and safety of all guests. To ensure safety, we weigh all guests at check-in, and if we are unable to fly a guest due to an inaccurate weight provided at the time of booking, no refund will be made. By maintaining proper weight and balance in our aircraft we can provide guests with a safe, smooth and comfortable Experience on Paradise Helicopters.
- Picture ID matching the credit card used for the purchase will be confirmed at check-in.
- We will not cancel a flight due to the weather unless it is unsafe to fly. Weather can change quickly so our pilots are checking weather continuously for safety and visibility concerns, and any decision to cancel due to weather is not made until right before a flight departs. We will fly if it is raining, but not if the visibility is poor.
- Cancellation Policy is 48 hours prior to your tour time.
Location: Paradise Helicopters, Hilo Airport
Address: 2450 Kekuanaoa Street Lobby two, Hilo, HI 96720
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/5Z94qVEmooSFr9yj6
Parking: Self-Pay parking at Hilo Airport.
Check-in: Please check-in for your flight 45 minutes prior to departure. Our Hilo base is located in Lobby Two at the Hilo Airport.
- Easy: Suitable for adults, children, and seniors.
- We’ve adjusted the path of this tour to fly over the current eruptive activity!