- Big Island Helicopter Tours
- Big Island Tours & Activities
- Big Island Volcano Tours
- Hawaii Volcano Tours
- Helicopter Tours
UPDATED 2023: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (Closed Sunday)
- Tour Times: 4:35 PM (Latest flight of the day)
- Duration: 45 – 50 Minutes
Experience Kilauea and Hawaii Volcano National Park! The massive eruptions of the world’s most active and unpredictable volcano have changed the face of the Big Island in spectacular ways. On the Circle of Fire helicopter tour, you’ll embark on a breathtaking adventure, seeking out the island’s unique rainforest, newly formed landscapes and black-sand beaches, and witnessing the results of Madame Pele’s incredible volcanic activity—scenes of nature’s raw power that you’ll never forget!
Buckle into your ECO-Star chopper and pull on your aviation-grade headset, which opens up a clear line of communication between you and the pilot. Take off and rise high above the streets of as the landscapes of the Hawaii Island open up beneath you.
Soar over miles of lush forests as you head to witness the power of Kilauea. Once you reach the longest continuously erupting volcano in the world, marvel at the billows of smoke and steam rising from the craggy crater. In ideal conditions, you might even get to watch the glowing red lava slowly flow to meld with the waters of the Pacific.
- Tropical Rainforests
- Lush Valleys
- Wear solid dark-colored clothing. Our helicopters are temperature controlled so dress comfortably but wear dark clothing. This will cause less reflection in the windows to allow a clear view of all the sights.
- If you are particularly prone to motion sickness, taking a precautionary anti-motion sickness medication is a good idea. However, our flights are very smooth and turns are slow and gentle.
- Bring your camera or cell phone (on airplane mode) to take photos and video of your tour.
- Hats are not allowed to be worn around the helicopters as they can fly up into the rotors and damage the aircraft. We will be happy to hold any hats for you until you return from your tour.
- Do not go SCUBA diving within 24 hours or SNUBA 12 hours prior to your tour. You may snorkel or swim prior to your tour and there is no risk in SCUBA or SNUBA after your helicopter tour.
- FAA regulations require us to weigh all guests and bags at check-in. We do this discreetly for your privacy. Please be accurate as possible when providing weight information.
- For each guest weighing more than 240 pounds, an adjacent empty seat purchase is required. The charge for an adjacent empty seat is 50% off of the regular tour price. This open seat ensures the comfort for you and all of our guests on your flight.
- Front Row Seating Policy: Combined front row seat weight must be under 470 lbs for Eco-Star tours and individual passenger weights must be under 240 lbs. Should actual weights during check-in exceed any of these limits guests will be accommodated in other seats and a refund will be made for the premium upgrade fee. Front row passengers must occupy their own seats and must be able to refrain from interfering with the pilot and instrumentation. At least one of the front seat occupants must be 15 years of age or older and capable of performing emergency aircraft egress procedures. Lap children cannot be accommodated in the front row. In the event of an emergency front row passengers must be able to receive instructions in English and be physically capable of operating exit doors.
- Our chair lifts are able to accommodate passengers up to 250 lbs. and are only able to access the rear row of seats therefore guests requiring a chair lift to board the helicopter cannot be accommodated in the front row.
Location: Blue Hawaiian Helicopters
Address: 2450 Kekuanaoa St, Hilo, HI 96720
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/jeZ8KLZioJ2EjiyT7
Parking: Available for $3.00 for the first hour, and up to $10.00 per day at Hilo International Airport.
Check-in: Please check-in 45 minutes prior to your tour.
The location and magnitude of lava activity are ever-changing. The only chance of seeing flowing lava is on the Big Island of Hawaii during the portion of your tour that is over Volcanoes National Park. Not all Big Island tours overfly the park. Even if your tour does overfly the park, sight of lava cannot be guaranteed. Routes and times vary with wind and weather, and volcanic activity changes hourly.