- Big Island Helicopter Tours
- Big Island Tours & Activities
- Big Island Volcano Tours
- Hawaii Volcano Tours
- Helicopter Tours
UPDATED 2022: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday (Closed Thursday and Friday)
- Tour Times: Morning, Afternoon
- Duration: 60 Minutes*
* Approx. 1.5 hours (includes 30 min check-in time, 55 – 60 minutes flight time)
THE MOST EPIC EXPERIENCE EVER! That’s what many of our guests say after taking a ride in our Hughes 500 helicopter without doors over what was one of the most active volcanoes in the world! After over 35 years of activity, be one of the first to discover what Kīlauea Volcano has left in the wake of its recent historic eruptive episode. Witness otherworldly landscapes like the incredible 8-mile river of frozen lava from Fissure 8 to the Pacific Ocean, the newest black sand beaches on earth, and enormous craters created by these recent events!
Along the way, view Mauna Loa’s vistas, the beauty of lush Puna rainforests, and mesmerizing Hilo waterfalls. With no windows to look through, there is no better way for you to share amazing photos and videos of your experience than flying on this doors-off tour!
- Current activity at Kilauea Volcano
- Tropical rainforests of Puna
- Waterfalls of North Hilo
- Air tour flown in a Bell 407 (seats up to 6 guests)
- Two-way communication between you, your pilot, and your group
- Doors-Off experience
- Warm clothing suggested as flight is cool and windy
- Guests should not go SCUBA diving less than 24 hours before their flight departure time.
- Children under the age of two (2) fly free when seated in the lap of a paying adult – proof of age required for lap children under two (2). Children 24 months and over require an individual full-fare seat.
- Children must be at least 12 years old to sit next to an open door while aircraft is in flight.
- Each guest weighing 270 lbs. or more must purchase an extra seat for weight and balance purposes. The extra seat is discounted by 15% (before fuel surcharge). All guests who purchase an extra seat are guaranteed a window seat.
Weights for all guests are requested at the time of booking, and their accuracy is essential to ensure the comfort and safety of all guests. To ensure safety, we weigh all guests at check-in, and if we are unable to fly a guest due to an inaccurate weight provided at the time of booking, no refund will be made. By maintaining proper weight and balance in our aircraft we can provide guests with a safe, smooth and comfortable Experience on Paradise Helicopters.
- Picture ID matching the credit card used for the purchase will be confirmed at check-in.
- We will not cancel a flight due to the weather unless it is unsafe to fly. Weather can change quickly so our pilots are checking weather continuously for safety and visibility concerns, and any decision to cancel due to weather is not made until right before a flight departs. We will fly if it is raining, but not if the visibility is poor.
- Cancellation Policy is 48 hours prior to your tour time.
- For Doors-Off Flights:
- Please bring a jacket as the cabin will be cool and very windy.
- If you wish to take photos during the flight, your camera or phone must have a strap and be secured to you.
- No hats or other loose accessories such as scarves are permitted on the flight.
- We will ask you to empty your pockets before your flight to remove anything that could potentially become airborne, including camera lenses or personal items.
- Closed-toe shoes required and may not have open backs
- Prescription glasses and sunglasses may be worn on doors-off flights as your 2-way communication headset will pin them securely to your head. If they are not worn, we will ask you to leave them behind.
- If you have longer hair, we recommend tying it back.
- No ipads or selfie sticks are allowed.
Location: Paradise Helicopters, Hilo Airport
Address: 2450 Kekuanaoa Street Lobby two, Hilo, HI 96720
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/5Z94qVEmooSFr9yj6
Parking: Self-Pay parking at Hilo Airport.
Check-in: Please check-in for your flight 45 Minutes prior to departure. Our Hilo base is located in Lobby Two at the Hilo Airport.
Activity Level – Easy: Suitable for adults, children, and seniors.