- Big Island Helicopter Tours
- Big Island Tours & Activities
- Big Island Volcano Tours
- Hawaii Volcano Tours
- Helicopter Tours
FEEL THE HEAT! Take a ride in our Hughes 500 helicopter with no doors, and find out for yourself why the Travel Channel calls this the “hottest helicopter ride on Earth!” Kīlauea Volcano has been continuously erupting for 30 years, and even at 500 feet above the flowing lava and open vents, you will feel waves of hot air rolling off the subsurface flows, which can reach temperatures of 2,000 degrees! Along the way, cool off as you soar over Hilo’s lush rain forests, Mauna Loa’s vistas and the plunging Wai‘ānuenue (Rainbow Falls), so named for the rainbows you can see in the mist when the early morning sunshine hits the water.
There’s no better vantage point than a helicopter, and there’s no bigger thrill than leaving the doors behind so there is nothing between you and the sights!
- Current activity at Kilauea Volcano
- Tropical rainforests of Puna
- Waterfalls of North Hilo
- Air tour flown in a Bell 407 (seats up to 6 guests)
- Two-way communication between you, your pilot, and your group
- Doors-Off experience
- Warm clothing suggested as flight is cool and windy • All cameras and sunglasses must have straps
- No hats permitted on flight
- Closed-toe shoes required
- Paid parking
- Easy: Suitable for adults, children and seniors.
- Availability: Daily
- Tour Times: Hourly
- Duration: 60 Minutes
* Total flight time typically varies from 55 – 60 minutes. Approx. 1.5 hours including 30 min check-in
- Guests should not go SCUBA diving less than 24 hours before their flight departure time.
- Children under the age of two (2) fly free when seated in the lap of a paying adult – proof of age required for lap children under two (2). Children 24 months and over require an individual full-fare seat.
- Children must be at least 12 years old to sit next to an open door while aircraft is in flight.
- For passengers above 265 lbs., fees are charged during check out or at check-in. The guest will be guaranteed a window seat. All guests between 265 lbs – 300 lbs (when weighed at check-in), will be assessed a Capacity Surcharge of $50 on our Hughes/MD 500 or $100 on our Bell 407. They will be guaranteed a window seat. All guests weighing over 300 lbs are required to purchase a second, cabin comfort & safety seat at a discounted price. They will be guaranteed a window seat. Accurate weights at the time of booking are essential to ensure comfort and safety of all guests. If a passenger is unable to fly due to an inaccurate weight provided at the time of booking, no refund will be made. By maintaining proper weight and balance in our aircraft we can provide guests with a safe, smooth and comfortable Experience on Paradise Helicopters.
- Picture ID matching the credit card used for the purchase will be confirmed at check-in.
- We will not cancel a flight due to the weather unless it is unsafe to fly. Weather can change quickly so our pilots are checking weather continuously for safety and visibility concerns, and any decision to cancel due to weather is not made until right before a flight departs. We will fly if it is raining, but not if the visibility is poor.
- Cancellation Policy is 48 hours prior to your tour time.
- For Doors-Off Flights:
- Please bring a jacket as the cabin will be cool and very windy.
- If you wish to take photos during the flight, your camera or phone must have a strap and be secured to you.
- No hats or other loose accessories such as scarves are permitted on the flight.
- We will ask you to empty your pockets before your flight to remove anything that could potentially become airborne, including camera lenses or personal items.
- Closed-toe shoes required and may not have open backs
- Prescription glasses and sunglasses may be worn on doors-off flights as your 2-way communication headset will pin them securely to your head. If they are not worn, we will ask you to leave them behind.
- If you have longer hair, we recommend tying it back.
- No ipads or selfie sticks are allowed.
Location: Paradise Helicopters, Hilo Airport
Address: 2450 Kekuanaoa St, Hilo, HI 96720
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/JXWG497EEeRA2AFd8
- Please check in for your flight 45 minutes prior to departure.
- Self-Pay parking.