- Haleakala National Park
- Hawaii Volcano Tours
- Hiking & Climbing
- Maui Hiking & Climbing
- Maui Tours & Activities
- Maui Volcano Tours
UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Thursday
- Tour Times: 8:30 AM
- Duration: 7 Hours
A visit to Maui is not complete without experiencing Haleakala Crater—a magnificent amphitheater of silence, and a place of beauty that always evokes awe. Our crater tour offers an adventure through two very different environments high up on this dormant volcano. On a clear day, it seems you can see forever.
Hike into both sides of Haleakala; each environment is very different from the other, so both should be experienced to gain a true appreciation for this natural phenomenon. Two-mile hike at the 10,000-foot summit where huge cinder cones dominate the desert-like, expansive scenery. Another two-mile hike at 8,000 ft. on a lava trail lined with rare native plant species. Views stretch for miles in all directions. Nutritious lunch and snacks included.
- Shoes to Wear on our Tours
- Running shoes are perfectly suitable. There’s no need to bring hiking boots unless you want to (they do take up a lot of suitcase space).
- Your shoes may get muddy, dirty, and/or wet on any of our hikes.
- Clothing for our Tours
- The weather is often cool or cold (the altitude is 10,000 feet); then it can warm up as you hike. So layered clothing is best, including a jacket, down vest, sweatshirt, or sweater. Your guide will also carry extra jackets.
- Additional Items to Bring for the Day
- Sunscreen: Helpful on any tour, but essential on the Haleakala Crater trip
- Camera & Phone: Please bring a Ziploc or a plastic bag to prevent any damage from moisture
- You are responsible for any personal equipment you choose to bring along.
- Minimum age is 8.
- Minimum number of passengers per trip is 4 and the maximum is 11.
- $250 tip for groups of 10 or more. Groups of 10 or more are considered private.
- We run our tours in most weather conditions but reserve the right to alter tour parameters if safety issues arise.
- All participants must complete electronic waivers prior to participation. Click here if you want to read our Participation Agreement.
Location: Please meet us at 8:30 AM at the Park and Ride in Kahului. The Park & Ride meeting location is along a large concrete wall with a single row of parking facing Hwy 380 west of Hwy 311 just before entering Kahului.
Address: intersection of Highway 311 & Highway 380 in Kahului (a couple of miles from the airport). GPS – No physical address, but it is at the Intersection of Highways 311 & 380. Exact coordinates: 20 degrees, 52 minutes, 30 seconds north, 156 degrees, 27 minutes, 43 seconds west
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/NRCPDersgMSy8gFg7