- Availability: Daily
- Tour Time: 8:30 AM, 10:30 AM, 12:30 PM, 2:30 PM
- Duration: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Our Waikiki group surfing lessons offer the best value for your money and a safe environment where you can learn to surf in one lesson. Don’t worry about organizing your own group – we’ll make a group of 3-5 student surfers ready to team up with a Big Wave Dave instructor.
- There is no minimum group size or level of expertise – many of the students in our group classes are beginners catching their first wave. All levels are welcome from beginner to advanced.
- We use soft-top boards for all our surf lessons. If you are an experienced surfer, please let us know as we also have fiberglass and epoxy boards available.
- We have extensive experience with special needs surf students with a desire to learn the art of surfing. Please let us know at the time of your booking so we can have the proper instructors available to ensure your amazing surf adventure.
- All necessary equipment is provided. We bring a surfboard, leash, instructor.
- Lessons are available year-round, rain or shine We welcome corporate groups, school organizations, civic groups, etc. Please contact us for group discount rates.
- Surf photo and video packages available to capture your memories.
What Will Happen During My Lesson?
You can expect that your first lesson will start on the beach with your instructor. You will spend about 20 minutes learning proper water safety and etiquette, paddling technique, turning the surfboard, maneuvering over waves and positioning to stand up and ride your first wave. The rest of the time, about an hour to an hour and a half, is spent in the water learning to stand up and ride waves.
- The minimum age for group lessons is 7 years old. (We offer lessons to kids as young as 4; however, for safety reasons, we require private instructors for kids 4-6 years old).
- For safety reasons, we don’t allow students to take photographs during their class. We offer professional photography and video packages of you in action.
- For your security, at check-in, you are required to present the credit card that was used to pay for your booking and matching valid photo identification. The name listed on your credit card must be identical to the contact name listed on your booking.
Address: Waikiki Beach Walk (enter through Embassy Suites), 226 Lewers St. #154
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/cgt8KWgi4pa8BULGA
Valet Parking available at the Embassy Suites via Beachwalk St. or Wyndham via Lewers St. We validate parking for both. There are meters and street parking; however, you can get a ticket or be towed if you are parked illegally.