Tripods are provided to let you experiment with shutter speeds and capture a variety of impressions of the moon’s beauty. Create scenes in your images by photographing the moon beside a lighthouse, a volcanic island, or if you’re lucky, the moon will cast a ‘lunar rainbow’!
Be treated to steel wool photography, a shockingly simple yet deceptively complicated fire-like photo technique that never fails to amaze the eye! Photograph the white sand along the beach as the moon lights it up in such a way you will have to stop and catch your breath.
Make sure to check our calendar on our website as this tour only goes out twice a month. If you are lucky enough to be on the island during the full moon, you will be doing yourself a great favor by being one of only seven guests that can join this tour.
- Makapu’u for Full Moon
- Long Exposure at Makapu’u Beach
- Steel Wool Light Painting at Makapu’u Beach
Day prior and day of full moon.
Pick up is one hour prior to moonrise
Duration: 2.5 Hour Tour
What to bring
- Do not bring more than you can carry. Nothing is left in the van when we are out shooting to prevent theft.
- We provide you with a tripod. You may bring your own.
- Wear comfortable, closed-toed shoes.
- You may want to bring a light jacket if you get cold easily as it can be cold by the ocean.
- We recommend you bring additional batteries and memory cards for your camera. We would hate to see you miss out.
- Free hotel pickup and drop off in Waikiki
- Free Tripod
- Free Wi-Fi