Oahu is part of the most isolated chain of islands in the world! This means that as much as 30 percent of the marine life you’ll see on our reefs cannot be found anywhere else on earth! Aside from this, our reefs are known for their variety of colorful hard corals such as lobe, cauliflower, antler, brain, and mushroom. Don’t miss the small stuff! While everyone can appreciate our massive turtles and other large pelagic animals, we stress the importance of the little guys. Our guides are known around the island for finding things other miss such as rare and colorful nudibranchs (sea slugs), frogfish, fluorescent shrimp, camouflage octopus, and more!
- Availability: Daily
- Tour Times: 9:00 AM
- Duration: 4 Hours
- Snacks & Drinks
- Reef Safe Sunscreen
- Age must be 10 years and older
- Dive is for Certified Divers (must present Certification)
- You must be in good overall health to participate.
- If you are pregnant, you may not take part.
- You must have good circulation and healthy, unblocked breathing.
- If you are taking antidepressants, or other potential contraindicated medications, you will need a medical release form signed by your doctor to take part.
- You must be in good physical condition. If you have asthma, epilepsy, diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, or have suffered a stroke, you will need a medical release form signed by your doctor to take part.
- If you have problems equalizing your ears, you should not take part.
- Dive sites are chosen each day based on weather and water conditions, requests for specific sites will be noted.
- For any class date missed, a rescheduling fee of $75 will apply.
- All participants must complete electronic waivers prior to participation.
Location: Banzai Divers, Kewalo Basin, Pier B, Slip B-3.
Address: 1125 Ala Moana Blvd Honolulu, HI 96814
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/8MQ3GxBSycRTPRiXA
Check-in: At Pier B, Slip B-3. Vessel’s name is “Kahala Kai”, white with yellow and green lettering.
Please allow adequate travel time.
Electric Beach 15 to 30 ft (4-9m)
This site is a favorite among local divers! It’s nestled outside the busy city of Honolulu on the beautiful southwest coastline. With the sandy beach entry and shallow depths it is a good choice for all experience levels. Located across the street from the electric plant one of the main highlights is the massive outflow pipe used by the plant to cool their systems. Warm water is pumped out of the pipe creating a playground for all the marine life. Huge schools of native fish and green sea turtles love to get blown around in this outflow like a blooper reel from Finding Nemo! Keep your eyes and ears open as dolphins, monk seals, and rays famously swoop through this area too. Don’t miss an opportunity to get a selfie with the sunken Buddha statue!