UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday. (Closed Friday and Sunday)(1/2/22 – 3/31/22)
- Tour Times: 8:45 AM
- Duration: 2 Hours
Experience Whale watching in Hawaii, one of the most popular activities in the winter! Cruise in the comfort of Hawaii’s largest vessel with high-tech stabilizers for smooth cruising and the most outdoor space with four walk-around decks and a top observation deck for optimal whale encounters. Our experienced captains and knowledgeable naturalists share fascinating insights on Humpback whales and Hawaii’s marine wildlife.
- Hawaii’s largest sight-seeing vessel is equipped with high-tech stabilizers and is the only ADA compliant vessel in Hawaii
- Most outdoor space with four walk-around decks and a 60-foot high observation deck perfect for whale watching
- Expert narration by our knowledgeable naturalist crew
- Whale Guarantee: See a whale or receive a “Whale Check” to cruise with us again until whale is sighted (meal and transportation optional)
- “Child FREE” Special: 1 child (age 3-11), cruise only FREE per paid adult (transportation optional)
- Attire: Casual. On cooler days, a light jacket is recommended.
Location: Star of Honolulu
Address: Pier 8, Aloha Tower Marketplace, 1 Aloha Tower Dr, Honolulu, HI 96813
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/f95XTuHQizYppZHR7
- Pick-up offered in the Waikiki area. Please see the Transportation tab for pick-up locations and schedule.
Check-in: Please check-in at Pier 8, 45 minutes prior to your scheduled tour time.
Parking: Parking may be found available at Pier 5 and 6 at the Aloha Tower Marketplace, Topa Financial Center, Pacific Guardian Center, Harbor Court, and Harbor Square. Please inquire at the parking facilities for their current rates.
Note: Parking facilities are not owned and operated by Star of Honolulu® and are subject to change without notice.
- Accessible Accommodations (for transportation and vessel): Available upon request with 48 hours advance notice.
Round-trip motorcoach transportation from the Waikiki area is available at $16.00 per person. (prices subject to change by year)
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to pick-up time.
Pick Up Schedule:
- 7:25 AM – Hyatt Regency (Koa Avenue)
- 7:30 AM – Alohilani Waikiki Beach Resort (Front Entrance)
- 7:35 AM – Waikiki Beach Marriott (Paoakalani Avenue)
- 7:40 AM – Island Colony (Seaside Avenue)
- 7:45 AM – Ambassador (Namahana Street)
- 7:50 AM – Sheraton Waikiki (Aloha Landing Bus Depot)
- 7:55 AM – Hilton Hawaiian Village (Grand Islander Bus Depot – in house guests only)
- 8:00 AM – Prince Waikiki (Main Entrance)