UPDATED 2023: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Daily
- Tour Times: 8:00 AM(Earliest flight of the day)
- Duration: 50 Minutes
With over 70% of the island being inaccessible by land, Kauai is truly best seen from the sky. On this incredible helicopter tour of Kauai, you’ll experience views so beautiful they will take your breath away. Explore the stunning Manawaiopuna Falls, also known as “Jurassic Park” falls, wedged in between the emerald green mountaintop of the Hanapepe Valley. Fly over the amazing views of the Olokele Canyon and majestic Waimea Canyon, often called the “Grand Canyon of the Pacific,” where you’ll catch sight of dozens of cascading waterfalls. Then, Kauai’s magical North Shore reveals the sculpted green valleys and 3,000-foot sea cliffs of the Na Pali Coast, the pristine turquoise-blue waters of Hanalei Bay and the Princeville Resort area.
Lastly, weather permitting, your pilot will fly you to Mt Wai’ale’ale, a dormant shield volcano with over 450 inches of rainfall each year, making it the second wettest places on earth. Here you’ll witness the most beautiful emerald green vegetation draped over the mist-covered mountain, with 3,000-foot cascading waterfalls filling each crevice—a truly awe-inspiring finish to your ECO Adventure over the Garden Isle.
- Tropical Rainforests
- Cascading Waterfalls
- Lush Valleys
- Sea Cliffs
- Wear solid dark-colored clothing. Our helicopters are temperature controlled so dress comfortably but wear dark clothing. This will cause less reflection in the windows to allow a clear view of all the sights.
- If you are particularly prone to motion sickness, taking a precautionary anti-motion sickness medication is a good idea. However, our flights are very smooth and turns are slow and gentle.
- Bring your camera or cell phone (on airplane mode) to take photos and video of your tour.
- Hats are not allowed to be worn around the helicopters as they can fly up into the rotors and damage the aircraft. We will be happy to hold any hats for you until you return from your tour.
- Do not go SCUBA diving within 24 hours or SNUBA 12 hours prior to your tour. You may snorkel or swim prior to your tour and there is no risk in SCUBA or SNUBA after your helicopter tour.
- FAA regulations require us to weigh all guests and bags at check-in. We do this discreetly for your privacy. Please be accurate as possible when providing weight information.
- For each guest weighing more than 240 pounds, an adjacent empty seat purchase is required. The charge for an adjacent empty seat is 50% off of the regular tour price. This open seat ensures the comfort for you and all of our guests on your flight.
- Front Row Seating Policy: Combined front row seat weight must be under 470 lbs for Eco-Star tours and individual passenger weights must be under 240 lbs. Should actual weights during check-in exceed any of these limits guests will be accommodated in other seats and a refund will be made for the premium upgrade fee. Front row passengers must occupy their own seats and must be able to refrain from interfering with the pilot and instrumentation. At least one of the front seat occupants must be 15 years of age or older and capable of performing emergency aircraft egress procedures. Lap children cannot be accommodated in the front row. In the event of an emergency front row passengers must be able to receive instructions in English and be physically capable of operating exit doors.
- Seating for parties of more than 6, or weighing a combined 1,000lbs, will be seated across multiple aircrafts.
- Our chair lifts are able to accommodate passengers up to 250 lbs. and are only able to access the rear row of seats therefore guests requiring a chair lift to board the helicopter cannot be accommodated in the front row.
- Late arrivals will be considered as a no-show.
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters is a Part 135 On-Demand Air Carrier. Preferred times may be adjusted due to demand and availability. Flight departures are approximate and may change according to seasonality.
Location: Blue Hawaiian Helicopters
Address: 3730 Ahukini Rd #8, Lihue, HI 96766
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/u8Jq8vja2cRnsm986
Parking: Free parking is available at the Blue Hawaiian Customer Service Terminal of the Lihue Heliport.
Check-in: Please check-in 1 hour prior to your tour.
Traffic is unpredictable in the Islands. Please allow for ample travel time in case of traffic delays.