UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Daily
- Tour Time: 7:00 AM, 9:30 AM, 4:00 PM
- Duration: 2 Hours
What is E-Foiling?
Election foil boarding is a battery-powered way to appreciate the beauty of Maui from the water. You pilot your own e-foil Fliteboard with a handheld Bluetooth remote control.
The trigger allows the lithium-ion battery to spin the propeller that is at the bottom of the mast. Speed is controlled by the ‘+’ and ‘-’ buttons on the remote control. Once at higher speeds, your board will start to lift off of the water’s surface and you will start foiling aka flying. Once your board is off of the water’s surface you will no longer feel the water or be inhibited by the water currents. You can foil while on your feet, knees, bottom, or even your stomach, which makes it an activity that everyone can enjoy!
This option is best for those who are looking to share this experience with other like-minded individuals. These lessons are open to the public to book and can have up to 7 participants.
- 2 Master Instructors (1 land and 1 water)
- Safety Gear: Life Vest and Helmet
- Fliteboard rental
- Bring water, snacks, sunscreen, towel, rashguard (if available).
- Wear swimwear similar to what you wear while surfing, active swimwear that does not require a lot of adjusting and can stay in place.
- Minimum Age is 16 years old. Any rider under the age of 18 must have an adult on-site at all times.
- Maximum Weight: 220 pounds.
- Lessons can have up to 7 students. Lessons with more than 5 people will have 2 water instructors.
- Lessons are weather permitting. We will reach out to the guest directly if the weather inflicts their scheduled lesson.
- Please advise in advance if there are any special health conditions we should be aware of prior to the lesson. For more severe conditions, we highly suggest they reserve a private lesson for concentrated safety.
- All participants must complete electronic waivers prior to participation. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- No cancellations or Refunds within 96 hours of the scheduled start time. Any changes to bookings within 96 hours of scheduled start time will incur a $50 rescheduling fee.
- Board insurance is available for purchase and provides full coverage on your rental equipment, while also providing peace of mind. Without insurance you are financially responsible for any and all damages to your rental equipment, including labor and loss of use. Also, a $500 hold will be put on your method of payment during your lesson, per board.
Location: Kahekili Beach Park aka Airport Beach
Address: 65 Kai Ala Dr, Lahaina, HI 96761
Parking and Check-in:
- Once you have parked in the Kahekili Beach Parking lot, please make your way towards the beach where you will find your instructors accompanied by your Fliteboards.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled time.
An automatic gratuity of 15% will be added at check out.
- 30-minute land instruction and safety review
Guests will receive thorough instruction on the equipment and water laws to obey during the lesson.
- 1-hour water instruction
Open water session. The instructor will coach and instruct each student individually throughout the lesson based on their specific needs.
- 30-minute debrief summary and equipment inspection
Obtain guest feedback on their experience and answer any additional questions.
Inspect the board together to ensure no damage has occurred.