UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Daily
- Tour Time: 7:00 AM, 11:00 AM
- Duration: 3 Hours
If you haven’t spent time watching dolphins in their natural habitat in Hawaii, then you’re missing out on a truly life-changing experience.
On Oahu’s west coast lies a pristine ocean paradise, hardly touched by the modern world. Here, our friendly, local crew will guides you through every step of this remarkable journey as you watch Oahu’s spinner dolphins …
- Watch dolphins in their natural habitat.
- Explore beautiful reefs teeming with fish, turtles, and manta rays.
- Take in the beauty while cruising on a stand-up paddleboard.
- Be entertained by authentic Hawaiian cultural arts like hula and ukulele.
- Enjoy a complimentary bento lunch as you relax on the deck of the boat.
- Bar Service Onboard. Adult beverages are available to purchase at $5 per drink. Valid government-issued photo ID required.
- Pickup from select Waikiki hotels included.
- Flip flops
- Bathing suit
- Beach Towel (Bigger size is preferable.)
- A rash shirt and/or swim shorts if you’re looking for more protection from the sun.
- A light jacket
- Cash or card for wetsuits or photo packages
- Seasickness medication. If you only ever experience very mild motion illness, ginger-based drinks can help stave it off. We also offer reusable PSI bands for purchase on the bus for $25 (pack of two).
- A waterproof camera.
- We recommend that only guests who are 2 years and older join our tour.
- We allow pregnant women to take part in our tour, but advise that it may not be safe during later terms. Please be careful not to slip and fall on board.
- Our boat is not wheelchair friendly, and wheelchairs are not permitted on our bus transportation.
- We do not recommend bringing expensive jewelry or technology that is not waterproof. Dolphins and You is not responsible for lost, stolen or water-damaged items.
- Touching marine life and coral is illegal by Hawaii state law.
- Although we encounter dolphins almost every day, since this is their natural environment, we cannot guarantee that you will encounter dolphins on your tour. Even so, we’re positive you will have an amazing time snorkeling, kayaking, paddleboarding, watching the Hula dance, and enjoying complimentary snacks.
- In instances where weather is not ideal later in the day or our minimum passenger count is not met, those who have booked our second tour of the day will be asked to move to our first tour.
- 10 passengers minimum required to operate.
- All participants must complete electronic waivers prior to participation.
- No outside alcoholic beverages are allowed on board and drink tickets are non-refundable.
Location: Waianae Boat Harbor, Pier A.
Address: 85-471 Farrington Hwy, Waianae, HI 96792
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/zTQp8jcLUb7DRmiXA
At Waianae Harbor.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled departure time and allow a 5 minutes window for your driver to arrive.
- In the interest of safety, we are unable to take guests who are 2 years old and under at this time.
- Please do not bring more than one bag per person, due to limited space on the boat.
- Shoyu Chicken
- Hawaiian Style Snapper
- Vegetable and Tofu Stir Fry (Gluten-Free)
Please note: All bentos include rice and corn.
Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled departure time and allow a 5-minute window for your driver to arrive.
Pick-up Location and Time for 7:00 AM tour:
- 5:15 AM – Aqua Palms Waikiki (in front of the IHOP restaurant)
- 5:20 AM – Ala Moana Hotel (Mahukona Street)
- 5:25 AM – Prince Hotel (Harbor Exit)
- 5:27 AM – Army Museum Bus Stop Kalia Road (Kalia Drive)
- 5:30 AM – Ambassador hotel (Hotel Lobby)
- 5:35 AM – DFS/T. Galleria (Royal Hawaiian Ave.)
- 5:40 AM – Hyatt Regency (Koa Ave)
- 5:45 AM – Waikiki Beach Marriott (at the bus depot on Paoakalani Ave)
- 6:25 AM – Aulani Disney Resort (Lobby Entrance)
- 6:25 AM – Four Seasons Resort at Ko Olina (next to the yellow fire hydrant street level on Olani St.)
- 6:25 AM – Ko Olina Marriott beach club (by the yellow fire hydrant on the street, below the parking entry of the Marriott Beach Club parking.)
Pick-up Location and Time for 11:00 AM tour:
- 9:15 AM – Aqua Palms Waikiki (in front of the IHOP restaurant)
- 9:20 AM – Ala Moana Hotel (Mahukona Street)
- 9:25 AM – Prince Hotel (Harbor Exit)
- 9:27 AM – Army Museum Bus Stop Kalia Road (Kalia Drive)
- 9:30 AM – Ambassador Hotel (Hotel Lobby)
- 9:35 AM – DFS/T. Galleria (Royal Hawaiian Ave.)
- 9:40 AM – Hyatt Regency (Koa Ave)
- 9:45 AM – Waikiki Beach Marriott (at the bus depot on Paoakalani Ave)
- 10:25 AM – Aulani Disney Resort (Lobby Entrance)
- 10:25 AM – Four Seasons Resort at Ko Olina (next to the yellow fire hydrant street level on Olani St.)
- 10:25 AM – Ko Olina Marriott beach club (by the yellow fire hydrant on the street, below the parking entry of the Marriott Beach Club parking.)
Itinerary: *Tour schedule is subject to change due to ocean or traffic conditions.
5:15 AM (Second Tour: 9:15 AM) Bus Pick-Ups Begin
- Our WiFi-equipped shuttle will transport you on the one-hour drive to Oahu’s West Coast.
- Our local tour guide will provide an important briefing and answer any questions you might have. If you’re feeling a bit sleepy, no worries! Take a quick nap before we arrive.
7:00 AM (Second Tour: 11:00 AM) Arrive at Waianae Harbor
- Welcome aboard our state-of-the-art new boat! Docked in the heart of West Oahu, our ship – Ariya – has two decks, surround sound, an expansive bow, and two bathrooms!
7:15 AM (Second Tour: 11:15 AM) E’Ho Mai Ceremony
- We will begin our boat ride by reciting a Hawaiian chant called, “E’ho mai“. It is a prayer to the gods of the sea for a safe trip with plentiful dolphins.
7:45 AM (Second Tour: 11:45 AM) Our Amazing Crew
- Filled with the Aloha Spirit, our “locally grown” crew members are all masters of the sea! Each is CPR, First-Aid and LifeSaver licensed.
- Plus, they’re amazing hula dancers!
8:15 AM (Second Tour: 12:15 PM) Watch Dolphins in the Wild!
- We will cruise the West Side in search of dolphins. As the name implies, Spinner Dolphins are known for their acrobatic spinning skills and long snouts.
- The time we spend watching the dolphins varies with many factors but usually is around 15-30 minutes. The dolphins often will “bow-ride” and surf along with the boat afterward, too! This dolphin encounter will be an experience you will never forget!
8:30 AM (Second Tour: 12:30 PM) Prepare to snorkel
- It’s time to put on our snorkel gear! Our complimentary snorkel, mask, fins and life jacket will make your experience in the water fun and safe.
For those who would like a wet suit, they are available to rent on the bus.
9:00 AM (Second Tour: 1:00 PM) Breath-taking Snorkeling
- After watching the dolphins, we continue on to one of the best coral reefs in Hawaii! Here you will snorkel with tropical fishes, honu turtles, manta rays, and you might even see whales in the winter!
- Ocean Activities:
In addition to snorkeling, you can ride our kayak or cruise on a stand-up paddle board. We have a wide variety of water activities for your to enjoy, or just sit back on the boat and relax in the sun!
9:15 AM (Second Tour: 1:15 PM) Complimentary Lunch
- After a fun-filled day in the ocean, enjoy a complimentary bento lunch. Take in a live hula performance as you enjoy your lunch.
- Dolphin Tattoo:
As a new member of our Dolphins and You ohana (family), we celebrate your dolphin watching with a special gift! Our original polynesian-style temporary dolphin tattoo! This isn’t available anywhere else but with Dolphins and You. Just our way to say “thanks” and “mahalo”!
10:00 AM (Second Tour: 2:00 PM) On-Board Entertainment
- Sit back, relax, and enjoy the crew’s Hula Show. At the end, please join us as we dance together to spread Aloha and give thanks.
10:30 AM (Second Tour: 2:30 PM) “A Hui Ho”! Until We Meet Again!
- Thank you for joining us today on a fun-filled adventure on the ocean! We’ll drive you back to Waikiki. Please don’t forget about all the dolphins and sea creatures you’ve met on this adventure!