UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Daily
- Tour times: 10:30 AM
- Duration: 2 Hours
A Segway Adventure to Diamond Head
Step aboard our most popular tour as your Segway experience begins with personalized training by our expert Segway guides where instructions are a breeze as you learn to effortlessly glide on your very own Segway Personal Transporter.
We then glide along around the Honolulu Zoo – and might even catch a glimpse of a giraffe or zebra – and around historic Kapiolani Park, created by King Kalakaua and stockholders originally as an exclusive residential district that included a horse track in 1876. It was named for Queen Kapiolani, King Kalakaua’s wife.
We soon glide up Diamond Head Road – riding the ‘face’ of Diamond Head Crater and take in the stunning million-dollar estates as you approach the historic Diamond Head Lighthouse and the Amelia Earhart Lookout. We arrive at the lookout point with its spectacular views of Koko Head Crater, Molokai and Maui Islands in the distance, the surfers below, and Waikiki and the Leeward Coast of Oahu. You may even catch a glimpse of a whale during the winter months!
After our rest stop, you see the historic cottage homes along Coconut Avenue, the Natatorium Memorial, and Waikiki Aquarium as you glide oceanside along Queens Beach Promenade and fun Waikiki back to the starting point for this Segway tour.
- Headset/Sound System
- Cold Bottle of Water & Cold Oshiburi at end of Tour
- It is a good idea to put plenty of sunscreen on prior to your tour, as you are out in the beautiful Hawaiian sun throughout your tour.
- We also recommend wearing lightweight clothes, any kind of comfortable shoes (sneakers/flip flops – but, no heels for the ladies), sunglasses are a good idea…..and, don’t forget your camera!
- There is a small bag on the front of all Segway Personal Transporters that can accommodate a small bag or backpack.
- Minimum age required 10 years old. Guests under the age of 18 must have a parent/responsible adult over 18 years of age accompany them on the tour.
- Weight minimum: 75lbs/36 Kilos. Weight maximum: 275 lbs/135 Kilos.
- Safety helmets are a must and are provided for each rider at no extra charge.
- Our staff is well trained in Segway technology to ensure every customer has the best possible experience.
- An insurance waiver along with a major bank credit card and/or deposit are required. Parents/responsible adult will co-sign for any minor on tour.
- Pricing does not include gratuity for your guides (usually 15%-20%)
- A minimum of 2 is required to make this booking.
Location: Tour Center at the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, ground floor courtyard, behind the ABC Store
Address: 2552 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96815
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/QExDBPGvzqBkJJWc6
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled tour time for check-in.
- Segway of Hawaii maintains strict monitoring of all its vehicles to ensure they are well-maintained, cleaned, and charged for each customer.
- Complimentary lockers are provided for guests personal items that will not fit in the small Segway bag while on tour.
- We offer extreme weather refunds and rain checks on the rental portion of your contract. However, refunds and rain checks cannot be granted for Hawaii’s light, pineapple showers, so always call us if you’re not sure.
- WE ARE CLOSED: New Years Day, Easter Sunday, July 4th, Thanksgiving Day & Christmas Day.