UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Tuesday and Friday
- Tour Times: 8:00 AM
- Duration: 6 Hours
Join us on this best of Kona adventure; the newest and most fun way to experience the best of Kona. This luxury tour is the perfect way to learn Hawaiian history, sip Kona coffee, explore an exotic cloud forest and discover Kona’s tastiest beer.
In our Mercedes Sprinter mini-coaches, we’ll walk the grounds of ancient fishponds, learn about Hawaiian culture and look for turtles. From there, we’ll journey from the ocean to the mountains. Walk in the misty Kona Cloud Forest Sanctuary; an incredibly unique opportunity to see exotic trees, plants, flowers, and birds. The Kona Cloud Forest is a unique sanctuary of ancient Koa and Ohia trees, hundreds of varieties of bamboo, and giant ferns. Bird lovers love it for exotics, including the Hawaiian hawk and several honeycreeper species. Coffee lovers rejoice as we move to Mountain Thunder Coffee! Learn how coffee is grown, dried, and roasted. Wind down the mountain to cool off with a cold Kona beer or cider at Ola Brew Co. Tour Kona’s newest local brewery, taste from a flight of beers and ciders, and enjoy lunch on us. Join us for the perfect half-day Kona experience today!
**Gourmet Local Island Style Breakfast & Picnic Lunch included**
Points of Interest:
- Kaloko-Honokohau National Historical Park
- Mountain Thunder Coffee
- Kona Cloud Forest
- Ola Brew Co.
- English-speaking driver/guide
- Mercedes 15 passenger mini-coach. This tour has a maximum of 13 passengers to provide plenty of headroom in the cabin and comes with a state-of-the-art audio/visual public address system.
- Gourmet island-style Lunch
- Premium snacks
- Bottled water, various fruit juices, and hot beverage service.
- Hot or cold towel service
- Umbrellas and jackets in the event of rain
- We recommend bringing a small backpack or tote bag for your personal items as there is plenty of room in our spacious cabin.
- What to Wear: Although Hawaii is home to the endless summer, there are places and times where the temperature can drop so a light jacket or sweatshirt is recommended. Walking shorts, comfortable shoes, a hat, and sunglasses are recommended.
- Sunscreen and/or bug spray should be applied before joining the tour.
- This tour is for guests 5 years and older. It does not include lengthy hikes.
- This tour is not recommended for women who are pregnant or may be pregnant.
- Passengers traveling with a wheelchair or walker are more than welcome to join our tour. Please note, our vans are equipped to handle easy storage of a wheelchair or other medical equipment. But we do not have a wheelchair lift.
- A combined minimum of 4 guests is required for a tour to operate. Should a tour not meet the tour minimum, advance notice will be provided.
- Kailani Tours Hawaii will not refund the tour price due to weather-related reasons. We will promise an incredible tour experience but unfortunately cannot control the weather.
Location: Pick-up included from selected hotels. Please see the Transportation tab for details.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your pick-up location.
- If you’re staying in the Kailua-Kona area, please note that you’ll need to meet at a central pickup location. See the Transportation tab for details.
No pre-selections are required for reservation
Gourmet Local Island Style Lunch is included on the tour
Menus are seasonal and subject to change, so you’ll always get the freshest local ingredients
** Please note dietary restrictions.**
**Vegetarian and options are available on request.**
Gourmet lunch options include:
- Oven-roasted turkey breast sandwich on a Punalu’u Hawaiian Sweet Roll with Waipoli Butter lettuce, island-style kettle chips, and a fresh-baked white chocolate cookie.
Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled departure time and allow a 5-minute window for your driver to arrive.
- 7:10 AM – Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel (outside near guest services)
- 7:10 AM – Mauna Kea Beach Resort (outside near the circular driveway)
- 7:20 AM – Paniolo Greens Resort (to the right of the Main Entrance)
- 7:20 AM – Mauna Lani Auberge (Main Lobby near the fish ponds)
- 7:20 AM – Mauna Lani Shops – Foodland (Optional Central Meeting Area- outside of Foodland)
- 7:20 AM – Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii (at the tour shuttle kiosk near self-parking (away from the front entrance). Ask the bell desk for directions if needed)
- 7:35 AM – Kings’ Land – Hilton Grand Vacations (seating area near the bellman stand)
- 7:35 AM – Aston Waikoloa Colony Villas (outside the gate in the circular driveway)
- 7:40 AM – Kohala Suites – Hilton Grand Vacations (outside near the bellman stand)
- 7:40 AM – Hali’i Kai (outside the gate at the circular driveway)
- 7:40 AM – Bay Club – Hilton Grand Vacations Resort (near the activities center)
- 7:45 AM – Hilton Waikoloa Village (Lower Lobby – wait outside)
- 7:50 AM – Vista Waikoloa (Bus stop structure at the top of the hill)
- 7:50 AM – Aston Shores at Waikoloa (Bus stop structure at the top of the hill)
- 7:55 AM – Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort and Spa (outside the main lobby in the covered area)
- 7:55 AM – Fairway Villas
- 8:00 AM – Queen’s Marketplace – Charley’s Thai Cuisine (Optional Meeting Area) (Back Parking Lot at the Shuttle Pickup waiting area)
- 8:20 AM – Four Seasons Resort Hualalai (outside Main Entrance)
- 8:40 AM – Target in Kailua-Kona (Parking Lot near McDonald’s)
- 7:10 AM – Starts Waikoloa/Kohala Pick Up
- 8:40 AM – Kona Pick Up
- Kaloko-Honokohau National Park – Fishponds, Freshwater Springs, and Sea Turtles. (45-60 minutes)
- Kona Cloud Forest Sanctuary – Flora and Fauna Guided Walk (30-45 minutes)
- Mountain Thunder Coffee Co. – Tour, Tasting, Shopping & Gourmet Island Style Lunch (30-45 minutes)
- Ola Brew Co. – Brewery tour & flight tasting (60-75 minutes)
- 2:10 PM Kona Return (approx.)
- 2:45 PM Waikoloa/Kohala Return (approx.)
*Tour locations and order are subject to change due to weather, traffic, and/or other factors.