Experience Kilauea! The massive eruptions of the world’s most active and unpredictable volcano have changed the face of the Big Island in spectacular ways. On the Circle of Fire helicopter tour, you’ll embark on a breathtaking adventure, seeking out the island’s unique rainforest, newly formed landscapes and black-sand beaches, and witnessing the results of Madame Pele’s incredible volcanic activity—scenes of nature’s raw power that you’ll never forget!
- Lava Flows
- Tropical Rainforests
- Availability: Daily
- Tour Times: Available from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Duration: 45 -50 Minutes
- Wear solid dark-colored clothing. Our helicopters are temperature controlled so dress comfortably but wear dark clothing. This will cause less reflection in the windows to allow a clear view of all the sights.
- If you are particularly prone to motion sickness, taking a precautionary anti-motion sickness medication is a good idea. However, our flights are very smooth and turns are slow and gentle.
- Bring your camera or cell phone (on airplane mode) to take photos and video of your tour.
- Hats are not allowed to be worn around the helicopters as they can fly up into the rotors and damage the aircraft. We will be happy to hold any hats for you until you return from your tour.
- Do not go SCUBA diving within 24 hours prior to your tour. You may snorkel, swim, or go SNUBA diving but for safety-sake do not SCUBA dive within 24 hours before your tour. However, there is no risk in going scuba diving after your helicopter tour.
- FAA regulations require us to weigh all guests and bags at check-in. We do this discreetly for your privacy. Please be accurate as possible when providing weight information.
- For each guest weighing more than 260 pounds, an adjacent empty seat purchase is required. The charge for an adjacent empty seat is 50% off of the regular tour price. This open seat ensures the comfort for you and all of our guests on your flight.
- Front Row Seating Policy: Combined front row seat weight must be under 470 lbs for Eco-Star tours and individual passenger weights must be under 260 lbs. Should actual weights during check-in exceed any of these limits guests will be accommodated in other seats and a refund will be made for the premium upgrade fee. Front row passengers must occupy their own seats and must be able to refrain from interfering with the pilot and instrumentation. Lap children cannot be accommodated in the front row. In the event of an emergency front row passengers must be able to receive instructions in English and be physically capable of operating exit doors.
- Our chair lifts are only able to access the rear row of seats therefore guests requiring a chair lift to board the helicopter cannot be accommodated in the front row.
Location: Blue Hawaiian Helicopters
Address: 2450 Kekuanaoa St, Hilo, HI 96720
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/jeZ8KLZioJ2EjiyT7
- Available for $3.00 for the first hour, and up to $10.00 per day at Hilo International Airport.
- Please check in 45 minutes prior to your tour.
- The location and magnitude of lava activity is ever changing. The only chance of seeing flowing lava is on the Big Island of Hawaii during the portion of your tour that is over Volcanoes National Park. Not all Big Island tours overfly the park. Even if your tour does overfly the park, sight of lava cannot be guaranteed. Routes and times vary with wind and weather, and volcanic activity changes hourly.