UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (Closed Sunday)
- Tour Time: 9:00 AM, 12:00 PM, 3:00 PM
- Duration: 3 Hours
Experience ocean kayaking to Mokolii on our Chinaman’s Hat Self-Guided Kayak Tour*. We provide everything you need to have a great and safe time out on the water. You’ll get kayaks, seat backs, life vests, dry bags safety equipment and private instruction before you set out on your own to experience Chinaman’s Hat. Experience this one-of-a-kind Oahu adventure with plenty of epic views. We suggest this tour for individuals who are experienced in kayaking or are comfortable kayaking in the ocean.
- Life Jackets are provided as well as Dry bags and all the other equipment you need for the experience.
- Ocean Kayaking Experience and Hike combo.
- Convenient equipment delivery and pickup right next to the beach.
- Self-guided experience with personal on-shore instruction before you set out on your own.
- Moderate to advanced climb to the top for some amazing views
- Apply sunscreen and wear a swimsuit
- Bring/wear water shoes or athletic shoes if you want to hike around on Chinaman’s Hat.
- If you bring snacks and water, be sure to pack out the trash.
- Please leave valuables at home or use a drybag we provide with the self-guided experience.
- Foam pads and straps are provided to help transport the kayaks.
- Be prepared with a vehicle to transport the kayak for about 1 mile.
- Life vests, all other kayak equipment is provided
- Minimum Age is 3 years and older.
- Maximum weight is 200 lbs per person. Our tandem kayak weight capacity is 425lbs.
- Preferred if guest knows how to swim or have water experience and feel comfortable in the water.
- No tour guide provided. You will need a vehicle to transport the equipment for about 1 mile. We provide foam pads and straps that fit most vehicles.
- Guests will need to sign a waiver.
Location: Keneke’s Grill at Punaluu, Parking lot
Address: 53-138 Kamehameha Hwy, Hauula, HI 96717
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/qUioPz4KZHGR6Ps17
The driver will meet you at Keneke’s Grill at Punaluu to deliver and pick up the equipment. Driving directions will be provided in confirmation and reminder emails. Expect the guide to arrive at or a little before the tour reservation time.
Our drivers often use a large white pickup truck with a kayak trailer, so keep an eye out for them. The driver will be there at or a little before the tour reservation time.
The meeting location is a large parking area in front of a local restaurant called Keneke’s Grill at Punaluu.
From there, we will provide pads and straps for your vehicle so you can launch the kayaks at these close locations:
- Kualoa Regional Park (~10 minute Drive): https://goo.gl/maps/MyAk736X9T2ZuBq4A
- Kahana Bay Beach Park (~1 minute Drive): https://goo.gl/maps/VHCKDJCWrzSpT9WD9
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to tour time.