As the sun sets on the legendary shores of Kailua Bay, the excitement of the Royal Kona Luau, Voyagers of the Pacific, presented by award-winning Tihati Productions comes to life. Spectacular ocean views, awe-inspiring sunsets and the gentle sound of waves softly breaking on the lava shore provide a breathtaking backdrop for an unforgettable journey.
Your evening begins with a warm Aloha shell lei welcome and photo opportunities. Participate in arts and crafts demonstrations, watch the unearthing of the pua’a (pig) from the Imu (Hawaiian underground oven), and indulge in the all-you-care-to-eat Hawaiian-style buffet and full bar. The evening culminates with the breathtaking presentation of the stories, songs and dances of Hawaii and the South Pacific ending with the most dangerous dance in all of Polynesia, the Samoan fire dance (Siva Afi).
The Voyagers of the Pacific oceanfront luau features a sumptuous all-you-care-to-eat buffet, complimentary cocktails and a dazzling presentation of music, songs, and dance celebrating the epic journey of our Hawaiian ancestors who traveled thousands of miles across the vast Pacific Ocean to make Kona their home. See Menu tab for more details.
- Prime Oceanfront seating overlooking Kailua Bay
- Aloha shell lei welcome
- Photo opportunities
- Arts & Craft Demonstrations
- Learn to hula with a group lesson
- Delicious all-you-care-to-eat Hawaiian Luau buffet with traditional island fare and local specialties
- Complimentary Mai Tais, standard cocktails, beer, wine, and non-alcoholic offerings
- Imu ceremony to unearth the Kalua Pua’a (roast pig) from the in-ground oven
- Dynamic and Lyrical Polynesian Revue with Dance, Song, and Live Music!
- Samoan Fire Knife Dance Finale (Siva Afi)!
- Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
- Tour Times: 4:45 PM
- Duration: 3 Hours 15 Minutes
- 4:45 PM – Check-in/Shell Lei Greeting
- 5:00-7:00 PM – Open Bar
- 5:15 PM – Live Music/ Arts & Crafts Demonstrations
- 5:55 PM – Torch Lighting
- 6:00 PM – Imu Ceremony
- 6:15 PM – Dinner/Live Music
- 7:10 PM – Luau Spectacular Show
- 8:00 PM – Show Ends
Please check in 15 minutes prior to activity.
- Dressing Choices: 1000 Island, Papaya Seed, or Ranch Dressing
- Green Salad *GF
- Tomato & Onion Ogo Salad
- Three Bean Salad *GF
- Potato/Macaroni Salad *GF
- Lomi Lomi Salmon *GF
- Poi *GF
- Kalua Pig *GF
- Steamed Mahi Mahi with Soy Sauce & Sesame Oil
- Baked Chicken w/Honey Mango BBQ Sauce *GF
- Chicken Luau *GF
- Teriyaki Roast Beef
- Hawaii Sweet Potato *GF
- White Rice *GF
- Fresh Pineapple *GF
- Coconut Dinner Rolls
- Coconut Haupia (Pudding) *GF
- Coconut Cake
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake
FROM THE BAR
- Mai Tai
- Standard Well Drinks
- Domestic Beer
- Coffee and Tea
- Selection of Sodas
- Fruit Punch
*GF = Gluten Free
Note: Menu items subject to change without notice. We can prepare a special dinner entree plate to meet vegan/gluten dietary needs.
Please call us at least 48 hours in advance to make special arrangements.