Imagine exploring our dolphin lagoon on a guided underwater scooter ride to view graceful dolphins swimming below you. You will also have a hands-on experience with the dolphins in both the shallow and deeper waters.
- 40 minutes with dolphins (approx. 50 minutes overall)
- Water scooters and masks provided
- Guests must have proficient swimming skills
- You’ll have dolphins at your fingertips as trainers introduce you to our dolphins in shallow water ‘get to know you’ sessions.
- Dolphin Quest Marine Mammal Specialists guide your lagoon exploration
- Dive in and go for a swim – with dolphins alongside and underwater below you. Pull on your snorkel mask for fantastic underwater views!
- You will interact with dolphins in a small, intimate group of no more than 6 people and your trainer
- Take home your big smile moments in picture perfect photos of you and your dolphin pals, available for purchase.
- To discuss making dolphin encounter reservations for a guest with special needs, please contact us directly by phone.
- Must be 10 years or older to participate. Children age 10 to 13 must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Participants must be able to follow directions and instructions provided by the trainer and other staff and crew members.
- Participants may not wear any jewelry in the water with live animals.
- Participants may not use personal cameras during their encounters with live animals.
- Participants must refrain from smoking.
- Any behavior such as drunkenness, violent or abusive conduct, singing or shouting which may constitute annoyance to other Participants or the dolphins is prohibited.
- Any Participant displaying lewd, offensive, or threatening behavior either to the other guests or Dolphin Quest staff will be removed from the site without a refund.
- Participants must be able to move about freely within the water environment.
- Participants must be comfortable in the water and be able to manage their movements as instructed in and around the animals while wearing required water safety gear. Unless otherwise prearranged, participants must be able to physically move from one location to another by crossing sand, climbing stairs, traversing floating platforms, have mobility between standing and sitting positions, crossing slippery and uneven or unlevel surfaces both in and out of the water.
- Local weather conditions may require that Participants be able to handle heat, humidity, direct sun exposure, wind and torrential rains.
- Participants can expect to be around large marine mammals as well as marine animals within the natural environment. Our dolphins have been trained for interactions. As wild animals, their behavior can still be unpredictable.
- Dolphin Encounter programs are not for expectant mothers.
- Availability: Monday to Sunday
- Tour Times: 9:00 AM
- Duration: 50 Minutes
Location: Hilton Waikoloa Village
Address: 69-425 Waikoloa Beach Dr, Waikoloa Village, HI 96738
Google map: https://goo.gl/maps/F3KX4A2SnxvvmoFq5
- Please note, any rescheduling made within 48 hours of scheduled Encounter Program time will be charged an additional rebooking fee of $75 per guest.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled activity time.
- And don’t forget to bring a towel!