Enjoy a beautiful Hawaiian sunset aboard our spacious trimaran Hokulani. Be sure to have your camera ready to catch a glimpse of the elusive green flash. As the sun sets we coast to the world famous Manta Ray Village. Travel Channel says “its one of the top ten things to do in your life time”, and Sea Paradise has been offering its guests the opportunity to get up close and personal with these majestic manta rays since 1985, making Sea Paradise an original tour expert in Hawaii.
In the Water:
At the site our expert staff will provide a knowledgeable and professional briefing as they prepare you to enter the water. After the briefing our staff guides you onto our state of the art “manta flotation device”. Here you will float above the manta rays as they feed on the microscopic plankton. Plankton rises from the bottom of the ocean at night and is attracted to the light source attached to the float.
As your incredible snorkel experience comes to and end our staff guides you back on board where snacks and hot cocoa wait.
Snorkel time is approximately 1 hour.
- Availability: Monday to Sunday
- Tour Time: 6:30 PM
- Duration: 2 Hours
We suggest you bring:
- Cover up
- Light jacket or sweater for after you’re out of the water
- You may also bring an underwater camera, just make sure the flash is turned off.
- Gratuity is not included in the price of the tour but tips are greatly appreciated.
Please Note: We have limited space to stow gear and keep it dry.
Sea Paradise operates a “shoe-less boat” so wear sandals or shoes that are easy to remove.
Sailing availability on the Sunset Manta will be determined by the Captain based on wind, weather conditions, and manta site mooring availability.
Location & Check in details:
Check-in at the Sea Paradise store located at 78-6831 Alii Drive Suite #144, Kailua-Kona, Hi 96740 in the Keauhou Shopping Center.
We will issue your boarding passes, get you fitted in a wetsuit if you’re snorkeling (be sure to wear swim attire for the fitting), and give you driving directions to meet the boat for departure at Keauhou Bay.
- Please check in 30 minutes prior to departure time.
- Early check-in is available between 8:30 AM and 5:00 PM. The boat sets sail from Keauhou Bay and returns at approximately two hours from departure time.