In luxurious Mercedes Benz Sprinter Mini-Coaches, discover the history and beauty of the Kohala Coast while visiting Hawaii Island’s first rum farm, distillery and restaurant.
Unanimously ranked as our staff favorite, this exclusive farm-to-table experience is authentic, exclusive and exceptional; this is the best of Kailani Tours Hawaii.
Points Of Interest:
- Original King Kamehameha Statue – Witness a unique feature of the island’s culture and history at the statue that pays homage to Hawaii’s first king. Rated as a top sight on TripAdvisor.
- Polulu Valley Lookout – By far, one of the most picturesque views in the entire state. 500 ft. cliffs overlook a crescent of black sand beach and crashing surf.
- Upolu Point – Once the birthplace of King Kamehameha and now the farm for Kuleana Rum Shack, stroll through Hawaiian heirloom sugarcane, learn about 40 different varieties and taste sweet cane juice.
- Kuleana Distillery – Taste the evolution of sugarcane juice as it becomes rum on this exclusive Hawaii rum tour.
- Kuleana Rum Shack – Select a flight of the best Hawaiian rum or grab a cocktail and enjoy authentic island cuisine. Listed as a Top 100 Places to Eat by Yelp. We are able to accommodate dietary restrictions.
- English-speaking driver/guide
- Luxury Mercedes 15 passenger mini coach
- Sugar cane juice tasting, distillery tasting, rum cocktail flight, and gourmet Hawaiian-style restaurant lunch at Kuleana Rum Shack.
- Kailani also provides umbrellas in the event of rain.
- Hot and cold towel service.
- Bottled water, gourmet snack basket and hot beverage.
- This tour has a maximum of 12 passengers to provide plenty of headroom in the cabin and comes with a state-of-the-art audio and visual public-address package.
- Availability: Monday and Thursday
- Tour Times: 9:00 AM
- Duration: 6 Hours
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat, camera.
- What to Wear: Walking shorts and comfortable shoes are recommended. Farm terrain is slightly sloped.
- Hat and sunglasses recommended.
- Sunscreen and/or bug-spray should be applied before joining the tour.
- This tour is for guests 21 years and older.
- This tour is not recommended for women who are pregnant or may be pregnant.
- Passengers travelling with a wheelchair or walker are more than welcome to join our tour. Please note, our vans are equipped to handle easy storage of a wheelchair or other medical equipment. But we do not have a wheelchair lift.
- A combined minimum of 4 guests is required for a tour to operate. Should a tour not meet the tour minimum, an advance notice will be provided.
- Approx. 9:15 AM – Hotel Pick-up
- 10:00 AM to 10:15 AM – Kamehameha Statue – Pay homage to Hawaii’s first king
- 10:15 AM to 10:35 AM – Pololu Valley Lookout – Majestic views of the valley
- 11:00 AM to 11:45 AM – Upolu Point – The birthplace of King Kamehameha and Kuleana Rum Works’ farm
- 12:15 PM to 12:45 PM – Kuleana Distillery – Taste the evolution of sugarcane juice to rum
- 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM – Kuleana Rum Shack – Enjoy a flight of Kuleana Rum Shack’s signature rums or cocktails and enjoy authentic island cuisine.
- Approx. 3:30 PM – Hotel Return
Please select your meal for lunch:
- Kuleana Loco Moco – Braised short ribs served over a taro hash cake and covered in a rich Hamakua mushroom demi-glace, topped with a sunny-side-up egg.
- Kalua Pork Sandwich – Kiawe smoked and slow-roasted, drizzled with our Kuleana BBQ sauce, topped with pineapple salsa and frizzle fried onions.
- Chicken Mochiko – Boneless bites, mochiko breaded and lightly fried. Tossed in your choice of Korean or adobo Sauce.
- Tutu’s Amazing Burger – Big Island beef, bacon, and Tutu’s special meatloaf sauce on a Hawaiian sweet bun.
- Pa’ele Fish Tacos – Three filets seasoned with hour signature Pa’ele seasoning and lightly pan-fried. With pickled slaw, island relish and spicy aioli.
- Vegetarian Option – Vegetables of the Day. Vibrant, fresh and pure Hawaii. If you were a plant, this where you’d want to be. Served with a side of sweet potato salad.
Pick up Location and Time:
Sheraton Kona (7:30am)
Wyndham Mauna Loa Village/ Holua Resort at the Mauna Loa Village (7:30am)
Keauhou Shopping Center (Optional Central Meeting Area) (7:40am)
Kona Coast Resort (7:40am)
Castle Kona Bali Kai (7:40am)
Aston Kona by the Sea (7:40am)
Royal Sea Cliff Kona by Outrigger (7:40am)
Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort (7:40am)
Worldmark (7:40am)Kona Reef (7:40am)
Royal Kona Resort (7:45am)
Uncle Billy’s Kona Bay Hotel (7:50am)
Courtyard King Kamehameha Hotel (7:50am)
Kona Seaside Hotel (7:50am)
Holiday Inn Express (7:55am)
Target- Kona (Parking Lot near McDonalds) (8:00am)
Four Seasons Resort Hualalai (8:25am)
Kings’ Land – Hilton Grand Vacations (8:50am)
Kohala Suites – Hilton Grand Vacations (8:50am)
Aston Waikoloa Colony Villas (8:50am)
Aston Shores at Waikoloa (8:50am)
Hali’i Kai (8:55am)
Bay Club – Hilton Grand Vacations Resort (8:55am)
Hilton Waikoloa Village (9:00am)
Vista Waikoloa (9:05am)
Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort and Spa (9:10am)
Queen’s Marketplace – Charley’s Thai Cuisine (Optional Meeting Area) (9:15am)
Fairway Villas (9:15am)
Fairmont Orchid – Mauna Lani (9:30am)
Mauna Lani Auberge (9:30am)
Mauna Lani Shops – Foodland (Optional Central Meeting Area) (9:30am)
Paniolo Greens Resort (9:35am)
Mauna Kea Beach Resort (9:45am)
Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel (9:45am)