See marine wildlife such as dolphins and turtles year round, or whales during whale season December through April. Sightsee along the stunning Kohala coastline, and enjoy a fun sail on the sailing catamaran Spirit of Aloha. Wildlife guaranty is for re-rides only, no refunds. Seasonal differences: Whale watch is DECEMBER through APRIL. Dolphins & turtles can be seen year-round.
- Soda, juice and water.
- Spirit of Aloha Catamaran
Wildlife Guaranteed: If you don’t see marine wildlife, come back again 1 more time for free! (Rerides only, no refunds. Reride is on trip of equal or lesser value.).
- Availability: Daily
- Tour Times: 9:45 AM
- Duration: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- Come in shoes that you don’t mind getting sandy, and are easy-to-remove for beach-ramp boarding.
- Casual clothing is recommended for all trips.
- Clothing that you don’t mind getting wet is recommended for whale-watch and snorkel trips on the Makai powerboat. Makai is a fast boat with low sides and lots of sea-spray.
- There is storage beneath each saddle-style seat for dry storage of a small bag or purse, and a take-along towel.
- When boarding at A-Bay, it is a beach-loading process with transfer from a tender-boat, with barefoot entry that takes a few steps into the seawater from the beach.
Location: Anaehoomalu Bay at the Waikoloa Beach Resort
Address: 69-1081 Kuualii Place Waikoloa, Hawaii 96738
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/BHuNzJt1N26A7goy5
Hawaii Nautical flag on the beach at A-Bay. Look for our orange Hawaii Nautical check-in banner near the two prominent coconut trees.
Park at the A-Bay Beach Park parking lot.
Check in 20 minutes prior to each trip.
Free resort shuttle from Hilton Waikoloa Village lower-level shuttle stop 20 minutes prior to the trip (reserve in advance).