Immerse yourself in stunning private waterfalls, tranquil streams, scenic coastlines and rugged valleys on this North Kohala adventure. Kick off the fun with an off-road drive to an exclusive trailhead.
- Ramble off-road in a 6-wheel-drive Pinzgauer (an Austrian military vehicle)
- Take a relaxed, guided walk through a private nature reserve
- Cool off with a swim under one of seven cascading waterfalls
- Walk through a restored ancient Hawaiian agricultural site
- Enjoy a private picnic lunch with views of soaring seacliffs and remote valleys, at one of the island’s best scenic lookouts
- Shop or enjoy local ice cream in historic Hawi town
- Deli-style lunch with assorted beverages.
- Sunscreen and bug spray are also available upon request.
- Gear – Walking sticks, warm wear, day packs and rain ponchos.
- Availability: Daily
- Tour Times: 6:50 AM
- Duration: 8 Hours
- Comfortable walking shoes or reef walkers
- Wear bathing suit underneath your clothes
- Wear a hat, sunscreen and a light jacket or sweatshirt.
- Guests should be able to hike on uneven or rocky terrain. We sometimes encounter cool, wet or muddy conditions. Expect to cover approximately 1.5 miles in 1 – 2 hours. Expect to do minimal climbing. The estimated elevation gain over the course of the hike is about 200’.
- Other tour restrictions may apply.
Pick-up Location and Time:
- Holua Resort at the Mauna Loa Village – 5:55 AM
- Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort & Spa – 5:55 AM
- Kona Coast Resort – 6:00 AM
- Kona Bali Kai – 6:05 AM
- Kona by the Sea – 6:10 AM
- Royal Sea Cliff – 6:10 AM
- WorldMark, The Club – Kona – 6:15 AM
- Kona Hawaiian Resort – 6:15 AM
- Royal Kona Resort – 6:20 AM
- King Kamehameha Courtyard Marriott – 6:25 AM
- Hawaii Forest & Trail Kona Headquarters – 6:50 AM
- Kukio Golf & Beach Club – 7:05 AM
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai – 7:10 AM
- Hilton Wailkoloa Village – 7:20 AM
- Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa – 7:25 AM
- Queens’ Market Place – 7:30 AM
- Shops at Mauna Lani – 7:40 AM
- Fairmont Orchid – 7:40 AM
- Mauna Lani Bay Hotel & Bungalows – 7:40 AM
- Westin Hapuna Beach Resort (formerly Hapuna Prince) – 7:45 AM
- Mauna Kea Beach Hotel – 7:50 AM
- Kohala Zipline Headquarters – 8:00 AM
- Mule Station – 8:30 AM
- KW Landing Zone – 9:15 AM