- Big Island Eco Tours
- Big Island Tours & Activities
- Big Island Volcano Tours
- Hawaii Volcano Tours
- Island Tours
- Island Tours in Big Island
- KapohoKine Adventures
- Volcanoes National Park
Less hiking and more sightseeing on this complete island excursion!
Designed for the intrepid sightseeing traveler wishing to see as much of Hawaii Island as possible in one day. Travel south into Kona coffee country for the first stop at Bay View Farm, a working 24 acre coffee farm nestled on the slopes of Mauna Loa Volcano just above beautiful Kealakekua Bay and known for the best Kona coffee since 1984. Here you’ll see coffee growing on the trees and learn about the various steps and processes in making coffee, all of which happen right here on the farm. You’ll sample 100% Kona Coffee at a gorgeous overlook with stunning views of Kealakekua Bay and the monument to Captain Cook standing on the only sliver of British land in the United States.
The adventure continues as you head through the South Kona and Ka’u Districts. Stunning views, alternating between stark lava flows and Hawaiian dry forest, are visible through the huge picture windows of your tour vehicle. We stop briefly at picturesque Punalu’u Black Sand Beach. Lined with swaying coconut palm trees, this is one of the best black sand beaches on the island. Stroll along the beach and look for honu (Green Hawaiian Sea Turtles) feeding just offshore or sun-worshipping on the sand.
Next travel to the crown jewel of Hawaii, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Visit the Kilauea Visitor’s Center, the Kilauea Iki Crater Overlook, and Steaming Bluffs. Take a walk through the famous Volcano House to view the smoking and steaming Kilauea Caldera. Dropping down into the lush eastern side of Kilauea Volcano our next stop is Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Farm. In operation for more than 30 years, Mauna Loa has more than a dozen mac nut flavors to choose from, and visitors can watch the factory floor through glass windows.
Big Island Candies is the next stop in Hilo-town. Founded in 1977, Big Island Candies is synonymous with quality. Big Island Candies welcomes everyone with samples of their amazing confections, still handmade using only the highest quality ingredients. Peek through the windows into the factory or browse the selection of gorgeous jewel-box gifts. Travel through quaint Hilo town next where you’ll drive along the historic waterfront before enjoying the drive through the Onomea Scenic Route, a 4-mile section of the original old highway punctuated with historic wooden bridges, waterfalls, and lush tropical foliage.
Continue on to stunning Akaka Falls State Park, the site of the largest easily accessible waterfall on the island. You’ll traverse a paved walking path right through the center of a lush rainforest to Akaka Falls, a gorgeous 442 foot waterfall that plunges down a sheer cliff and into the water below. Visit Tex Drive-In, famous for made-to-order malasadas. These fried Portuguese sweet treats were originally brought to Hawaii by immigrants who worked in the cattle industry and have been a local favorite ever since. Watch the treats being made through the window and snag a fresh one with a cup of coffee or dinner all available for purchase. Waipio Valley, known as the Valley of Kings, is a place of impossibly steep cliffs carved by plunging waterfalls cascading more than a thousand feet to the valley floor below. Waipio Valley is still home to taro farmers as it has been for a thousand years. Look closely from the overlook and glimpses of the wild horses that roam the valley floor might be possible.
- Availability: Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
- Tour Time: 7:00 AM
- Duration: Approx 13 hours
- 7:00 AM – Kohala
- 8:00 AM – Kona
- 8:30 – 9:00 AM – Bay View Farm
- 10:15 – 10:35 AM – Punaluu Black Sand Beach
- 11:40 – 1:10 PM (Kilauea Visitor’s Center, the Kilauea Iki Crater Overlook, Steaming Bluffs and Volcano House) – Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- 1:40 – 2:00 PM – Mauna Loa Mac Nut
- 2:15 – 2:35 PM – Big Island Candies
- 2:55 – 3:05 PM – Omomea Scenic Drive
- 3:20 – 3:50 PM – Akaka Falls
- 4:35 – 5:20 PM – Tex
- 5:35 – 5:55 PM – Waipio Overlook
- 7:00 PM – Kohala
- 8:00 PM – Kona
- Pickup from Hilo hotels are not offered.
- Entrance fees included.
- Order of itinerary may change.
- Tour runs rain or shine.
Pick-up Locations and Time:
- Hapuna Prince Hotel – 7:00 AM
- Paniolo Greens Resort – 7:00 AM
- Nomura Hawaii Village – 7:15 AM
- Mauna Kea Beach Hotel – 7:15 AM
- Mauna Lani Bay Hotel and Bungalows – 7:15 AM
- Mauna Lani Islands – 7:15 AM
- Fairmont Orchid – 7:30 AM
- Aston Waikoloa Colony Villas – 7:30 AM
- Halii Kai At Waikoloa – 7:30 AM
- Classic Resorts – 7:30 AM
- FoodLand Farms “The Shops At Mauna Lani” – 7:30 AM
- Bay Club at the Waikoloa Beach Resort – 7:30 AM
- Kohala Suites by Hilton Grand Vacation – 7:30 AM
- Hilton Waikoloa Village – 7:30 AM
- Kings’ Land by Hilton Grand Vacations Club – 7:30 AM
- Aston Shores at Waikoloa – 7:30 AM
- Outrigger Fairway Villas – 7:30 AM
- Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa – 7:30 AM
- Castle Kolea at Waikoloa – 7:30 AM
- Hualalai Resort – 7:30 AM
- Kona Village Resort – 7:30 AM