The Haleo Luau is an evening that celebrates the history of the ahupua’a (land area) called Keauhou and the heart of those who came from this land area. From the birth of Kamehameha III to the surfing stories of He’eia Bay, the dancers and musicians of Island Breeze take you on a journey through a very special time in Hawaii’s history. Learn about the battle of Kuamo’o and how Kamehameha III bridged the gap of ancient treasures and traditions, as he brought the people of his kingdom into a “new era” in the islands.
Travel with us as we share share stories of our Polynesian cousins and the gifts they brought to Hawai’i through their language, culture, music and dance. Meet the dancers before the show to “talk story” and learn more about the language and culture of Hawai’i. Live dinner music serenades guests as they enjoy a delicious Hawaiian feast. And just as the sun is setting over Keauhou Bay, Haleo begins.
The Haleo Luau is held under the hala trees, on the Hawai’i Lawn at the Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay, known for its gracious hospitality and abundant aloha on the Kona coast at Keauhou.
Under starry skies, guests dine in one of Hawaii’s most beautiful oceanfront locations where manta rays gather, whales breach, sunsets are stunning and history comes alive.
- Availability: Mondays & Fridays; Holiday Luaus are held on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day with special Holiday Ticket Pricing***
- Times: 5:30 PM
- Duration: 2 Hours 30 Minutes
- 5:15 PM – Check-in
- 5:30 PM – Seating Begins
- 5:45 PM – Preliminary Activities
- 6:00 PM – Dinner Buffet
- 5:30-7:30 PM – Open Bar
- 7:00 PM – Hāleo Performance Begins
Ali’i Seating (Preferred seating):
- Includes quick check-in at our reservation desk, express line in the lei greeting/photo area, reserved seating to the front of the program, preferential buffet service.
- Seating is limited for the premium packages, so guests must book seats in advance (please request during checkout). Charges for this upgrade are paid directly to the luau at the time of check-in. You will not be able to cancel the Preferred portion at check-in. ($18.50+tax per adult, $13.50+tax per child)
Location: Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay
Address: 78-128 Ehukai St, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/9PqdXXPGSdE2
Located poolside in the lower lobby of the Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay. Vouchers must be exchanged for luau tickets at check-in. Guests must have tickets to be admitted to the luau.
Both valet parking and self-parking are available. Self-parking is $5 with validation.
- ***Holiday ticket pricing is applicable to luaus held on Thanksgiving (November 28, 2019) and Christmas Day (December 25, 2019). Please select applicable option during booking.
- Please note: Special request for a vegetarian, gluten free, or celiac meal requires 24 hour notice.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled activity time for check-in.
Salads and Appetizers:
Waimea Field Greens with homemade Papaya Seed Vinaigrette*
Hawaiian Purple Potato Salad*
Waipi’o Valley Poi*
Iced Lomi Lomi Salmon*
Island-Style Fern Shoot Salad with Tomatoes and Onions
Keauhou Macaroni Salad
Traditional Hawaiian Ahi Poke, Kukui Nut, Ogo, Green Onion
Steamed Rice in Hawaiian Salted Water
Slow Cooked Kalua Pork
Troll Caught Local Fish with Hilo Ginger, Green Onion, Ogo, Soy, & Sizzling Oil
Teriyaki Beef with a Soy-Ginger Glaze
Sauteed Island Vegetables
Taro Rolls and Lilikoi Butter
Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
Kona Coffee Chocolate Cake
Haupia (Coconut Pudding) *
Fresh Fruit Display*
Royal Kona Regular and Decaffeinated Coffee
Selection of Hot Teas
* Gluten Free