- Big Island Eco Tours
- Big Island Tours & Activities
- Big Island Volcano Tours
- Hawaii Volcano Tours
- Island Tours in Big Island
- Volcanoes National Park
Take a relaxing, scenic excursion of the Big Island of Hawaii where you’ll experience the most historic, scenic and cultural highlights of Hawaii’s youngest island.
The latest itinerary for this tour includes a visit to Royal Kona Coffee’s headquarters, Punalu‘u black sand beach and a delicious lunch (on your own) at the historic Volcano House Restaurant; offering local and traditional cuisine. Visit the famed Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and marvel at the steam vents and multiple craters. See epic Rainbow Falls where rainbows magically form in the mist and stop at Pu’uhonua O Honaunau National Park, ancient grounds rich with Hawaiian history.
- Royal Kona Coffee Mill & Museum*
- Mauna Loa Volcano (seen in the distance)
- Pu’uhonua O Honaunau National Park* (known as the “Place of Refuge”)
- Punalu‘u Black Sand Beach*
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park*
- Volcano House Restaurant* (lunch on own) – views of Halema’uma’u Crater
- Halema’uma’u Crater* – viewed from steam vents; remarkably changed since June 2018
- Kilauea Visitor Center* – park updates & educational displays
- Steam Vents* – groundwater seeps down to hot volcanic rocks forming steam clouds
- Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Visitor Center*
- Hilo Town, King Kamehameha Statue & Shinmachi Tsunami Memorial
- Rainbow Falls*
- Return to Kona via famous Saddle Road (with views of many volcanoes)
*Denotes tour stops. Viewing of lava is not guaranteed due to external factors outside our control.
- Availability: Monday and Thursday
- Tour Time: 7:00 AM
- Duration: 13 hours
- Please wear comfortable attire and shoes. Many tours traverse uneven walking surfaces.
- Sturdy, closed-toe shoes are recommended.
- Bring a light sweater or jacket.
- If you require any special accommodations due to disability, please include them under the special requirements at the time of booking. 48 hours notice required prior to the date and time of service.
- We cannot predict the weather or lava viewing conditions. This volcano tour features change daily. We do not guarantee the sighting of active lava flows. Surface lava may be present but may not be viewable due to environmental conditions or time constraints.