- Big Island Eco Tours
- Big Island Tours & Activities
- Big Island Volcano Tours
- Hawaii Volcano Tours
- Mauna Kea
- Volcanoes National Park
Experience the power and beauty of a land transformed, the Big Island’s iconic volcanoes! Travel over Saddle Road past Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa on your way to Hawaii’s most active volcano – Kilauea! Explore Kaumana Caves near Hilo, discover the newest beaches and cliffs at McKenzie State Park, and journey to the summit at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Discover the reformation and gaze at the enormity of the giant crater – Halemaumau. Dine at famous Volcano House for a delicious three-course dinner before stargazing along Saddle Road during the relaxing return.
**Gourmet picnic lunch and three-course restaurant dinner included**
Points of Interest:
- Saddle Road
- Mauna Kea
- Mauna Loa
- Kaumana Caves (Lava Tubes)
- Rainbow Falls
- Leilani Estates Fissure 8
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Steam Vents
- Kilauea Caldera
- Kilauea Visitor Center
- Historic Kilauea Lodge
- English-speaking driver/guide
- Mercedes 15 passenger mini-coach. This tour has a maximum of 13 passengers to provide plenty of headroom in the cabin and comes with a state-of-the-art audio and visual public address package.
- Gourmet island-style Lunch
- Three course Dinner at Kilauea Lodge
- Bottled water
- Hot and cold towel service
- Flashlight, jacket and hot beverages.
- Umbrellas in the event of rain.
- Availability: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Tour Times: 10:30 AM
- Duration: 12 Hours
- We recommend bringing a small backpack or tote bag for your personal items as there is plenty of room in our spacious cabin.
- What to Wear: Although Hawaii is home to the endless summer, there are places and times where the temperature can drop substantially. Weather can change dramatically from hot and humid to cool and wet conditions.
- Kailani Tours Hawaii requires wearing comfortable closed-toe footwear.
- A hat and sunglasses are optional but highly recommended.
- Most guests wear a light jacket or bring long pants for after sunset and stargazing along Saddle Road.
- This tour is for guests 5 years and older. It does not include lengthy hikes.
- This tour is not recommended for women who are pregnant or may be pregnant.
- Passengers travelling with a wheelchair or walker are more than welcome to join our tour. Please note, our vans are equipped to handle easy storage of a wheelchair or other medical equipment. But we do not have a wheelchair lift.
- A combined minimum of 4 guests is required for a tour to operate. Should a tour not meet the tour minimum, an advance notice will be provided.
- 8:00 AM – Kona Hotel Pick Ups
- 8:45 AM to 9:15AM – Waikoloa Hotel Pick Ups
- 10:00AM to 10:20AM – Break at Mauna Kea State Park
- 11:00AM to 12:00PM – Kaumana Caves (Lava Tubes) + Gourmet Island Lunch
- 12:15PM to 12:45PM – Rainbow Falls
- 1:45 PM to 2:15 PM – Fissure 8 – Exclusive Access to the Most Active Area of the 2018 Eruption. Tree molds, tephra, first-hand accounts of the area.
- 3:15 PM to 4:45 PM – Hawaii Volcanoes National Park – Chain of Craters Road Lookouts, Steam Vents and views of the New Halemau’mau Crater.
- 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM – Gourmet Dining Experience at Kilauea Lodge
- 7:00 PM to 7:30 PM – Stargazing Along Saddle Road *Weather Permitting
- 8:15PM – Waikoloa Hotel Return
- 9:00 PM – Kona Hotel Return
No pre-selections are required for reservation.
Menus are seasonal and subject to change, so you’ll always get the freshest local ingredients.
** Please note dietary restrictions.**
**Vegetarian, vegan, and kosher options available on request.**
Gourmet lunch options include:
- Local Leafy Greens Garden Salad w/ Signature Island Vinaigrette
- Grilled and Chilled Keahole Shrimp with Steamed Big Island Purple Sweet Potatoes
- Ginger and Citrus Glazed Oven Roasted Chicken with Local Vegetable Medley
- GF/ Vegan Thai Tofu Summer Rolls with Sweet Chili Sauce (available upon request)**
- Feeding Leaf’s Signature Local Island Cake
Kilauea Lodge Dinner Menu*
1st Course (Choose one)
- Local Mixed Green Salad
- Chef’s Signature Soup of the Day
- Grilled Daily Fresh Catch: Sauteed cauliflower, raisins, capers, macadamia nuts, crispy fingerling potatoes, lemon butter sauce
- Grilled Pork Loin: Mashed potatoes, pineapple relish, sauteed vegetables, pineapple sage jus
- Herb Oven Roasted Chicken: Warm tomato olive relish, sauteed greens, crispy fingerling potatoes
- Vegetarian Vegetable Red Curry: Vegetable curry, crispy tofu, white rice
- Kilauea Lodge Signature Chocolate Mousse
- Hawaiian Licks Local Ice Cream
Pickup Locations: All West Hawaii Hotels and Resorts