Join us on this best of Kona adventure; the newest and most fun way to experience the best of Kona. This luxury tour is the perfect way to learn Hawaiian history, sip Kona coffee, explore an exotic cloud forest and discover Kona’s tastiest beer.
In our Mercedes Sprinter mini-coaches, we’ll walk the grounds of ancient fishponds, learn about Hawaiian culture and look for turtles. From there, we’ll journey from the ocean to the mountains. Walk in the misty Kona Cloud Forest Sanctuary; an incredibly unique opportunity to see exotic trees, plants, flowers and birds. The Kona Cloud Forest is a unique sanctuary of ancient Koa and Ohia trees, hundreds of varieties of bamboo and giant ferns. Bird lovers love it for exotics, including the Hawaiian hawk and several honeycreeper species. Coffee lovers rejoice as we move to Mountain Thunder Coffee! Learn how coffee is grown, dried and roasted. Wind down the mountain to cool off with a cold Kona beer or cider at Ola Brew Co. Tour Kona’s newest local brewery, taste from a flight of beers and ciders, and enjoy lunch on us. Join us for the perfect half day Kona experience today!
**Gourmet Local Island Style Breakfast & Picnic Lunch included**
Points of Interest:
- Kaloko-Honokohau National Historical Park
- Mountain Thunder Coffee
- Kona Cloud Forest
- Ola Brew Co.
- English-speaking driver/guide
- Mercedes 15 passenger mini coach. This tour has a maximum of 13 passengers to provide plenty of headroom in the cabin and comes with state-of-the-art audio/visual public address system.
- Gourmet island-style Lunch
- Premium snacks
- Bottled water, various fruit juices and hot beverage service.
- Hot or cold towel service
- Umbrellas and jackets in the event of rain
- Availability: Tuesday, Friday and Sunday
- Tour Times: 8:00 AM
- Duration: 6 Hours
- We recommend bringing a small backpack or tote bag for your personal items as there is plenty of room in our spacious cabin.
- What to Wear: Although Hawaii is home to the endless summer, there are places and times where the temperature can drop so a light jacket or sweatshirt is recommended. Walking shorts, comfortable shoes, a hat and sunglasses are recommended.
- Sunscreen and/or bug-spray should be applied before joining the tour.
- This tour is for guests 5 years and older. It does not include lengthy hikes.
- This tour is not recommended for women who are pregnant or may be pregnant.
- Passengers travelling with a wheelchair or walker are more than welcome to join our tour. Please note, our vans are equipped to handle easy storage of a wheelchair or other medical equipment. But we do not have a wheelchair lift.
- A combined minimum of 4 guests is required for a tour to operate. Should a tour not meet the tour minimum, an advance notice will be provided.
- Approx. 7:30 AM – Waikoloa/Kohala Pick Up
- Approx. 8:00 AM – Kona Pick Up
- 8:30 AM to 9:30 AM – Kaloko-Honokohau National Park – Fishponds, Freshwater Springs and Sea Turtles.
- 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM – Kona Cloud Forest Sanctuary – Flora and Fauna Guided Walk
- 11:05 AM to 12:30 PM – Mountain Thunder Coffee Co. – Tour, Tasting, Shopping & Gourmet Island Style Lunch
- 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM – Ola Brew Co. – Brewery tour & flight tasting
- Approx. 2:10 PM – Kona Return
- Approx. 2:45 PM – Waikoloa/Kohala Return
No pre-selections are required for reservation.
Menus are seasonal and subject to change, so you’ll always get the freshest local ingredients.
** Please note dietary restrictions.**
**Vegetarian, vegan, and kosher options available on request.**
Gourmet lunch options include:
- Local Leafy Greens Garden Salad w/ Signature Island Vinaigrette
- Grilled and Chilled Keahole Shrimp with Steamed Big Island Purple Sweet Potatoes
- Ginger and Citrus Glazed Oven Roasted Chicken with Local Vegetable Medley
- GF/ Vegan Thai Tofu Summer Rolls with Sweet Chili Sauce (available upon request)**
- Feeding Leaf’s Signature Local Island Cake
Pickup Locations: All West Hawaii Hotels and Resorts