- Big Island Tours & Activities
- Big Island Volcano Tours
- Hawaii Volcano Tours
- Island Tours
- Island Tours in Big Island
- Mauna Kea
- Volcanoes National Park
UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Daily
- Tour Times: 7:30 AM
- Duration: 11 Hours (approx.)
This incredible Circle Island Tour takes guests through Big Islands coffee country, visits the world-famous Punalu’u Black Sand Beach, and explores all the beauty of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Rainbow Falls, and Waipio Valley. This is the newest and most exciting circle tour on the Big Island! This tour showcases Kona’s best views, the Big Island’s most stunning coastline views with all the stops at the must-see locations!
*Gourmet breakfast (Greenwell Farms) and lunch (Volcano Winery and Tea Farm) included.
**Meal locations are subject to change.**
Points of Interest:
- Premium Coffee Plantation
- Punalu’u Bakery
- Punalu’u Black Sand Beach
- Ka’u Coffee Farm
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Kilauea Volcano
- Rainbow Falls
- Waipio Valley Lookout
- Kohala Coast
- English-speaking driver/guide
- Mercedes 15 passenger mini-coach. This tour has a maximum of 13 passengers to provide plenty of headroom in the cabin and comes with state-of-the-art audio and visual public address package.
- Catered box-style breakfast and Gourmet lunch
- Water and snacks
- Umbrellas and rain jackets in the event of rain
- Hot and cold towel service and scented hand towels
- We recommend bringing a small backpack or tote bag for your personal items as there is plenty of room in our spacious cabin.
- What to Wear: Although Hawaii is home to the endless summer, there are places and times where the temperature can drop so a light jacket or sweatshirt is recommended. Walking shorts, comfortable shoes, a hat, and sunglasses are recommended.
- Sunscreen and/or bug-spray should be applied before joining the tour.
- Despite visiting the black sand beach and waterfalls, we will not be swimming on this tour so bathing suits and/or towels are not recommended.
- This tour is for guests 5 years and older. It does not include lengthy hikes.
- This tour is not recommended for women who are pregnant or may be pregnant.
- Passengers traveling with a wheelchair or walker are more than welcome to join our tour. Please note, our vans are equipped to handle easy storage of a wheelchair or other medical equipment. But we do not have a wheelchair lift.
- A combined minimum of 4 guests is required for a tour to operate. Should a tour not meet the tour minimum, advance notice will be provided.
- Due to the topographical and weather changes that have recently affected the tour area, some attractions and sites may be unreachable or unsafe to visit. Park officials have recently reopened Hawaii Volcanoes National Park with several restrictions as they continue to make repairs. Park officials have been known to restrict entry without notice. Kailani Tours Hawaii will not issue refunds caused by park restrictions.
Location: Pick-up included from selected hotels. Please see the Transportation tab for details.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your pick-up location
- Water, snacks, and two meals will be served. The tour makes occasional stops for snacks and beverages.
No pre-selections are required for reservation.
** Please note dietary restrictions.**
**Vegetarian, vegan, and kosher options available on request.**
Breakfast and lunch are both included on this tour. Each meal is served individually to comply with sanitary/COVID standards.
Big Island Honey-Vanilla Greek Yogurt Parfait with Tropical Fruit, Berries, and Anahola Coconut-Macadamia Nut Granola. Parfait served with a hearty breakfast scone.
Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Breast fanned over Sesame-Grilled Vegetables and Ginger-Herb Quinoa. Served with Hawaiian Sweet Roll and Butter, Kona Lava Bar Brownie.
Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled departure time and allow a 5-minute window for your driver to arrive.
- Kona Baseyard – 5:45 AM
- Paniolo Greens Resort – 6:30 AM
- Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel – 6:30 AM
- Mauna Kea Beach Resort – 6:30 AM
- Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii – 6:40 AM
- Mauna Lani Shops – Foodland (Optional Central Meeting Area) – 6:40 AM
- Mauna Lani Auberge – 6:40 AM
- Kings’ Land – Hilton Grand Vacations – 6:45 AM
- Aston Waikoloa Colony Villas – 6:45 AM
- Kohala Suites – Hilton Grand Vacations – 6:50 AM
- Hali’i Kai – 6:50 AM
- Bay Club – Hilton Grand Vacations Resort – 6:50 AM
- Hilton Waikoloa Village – 6:55 AM
- Vista Waikoloa – 7:00 AM
- Aston Shores at Waikoloa – 7:00 AM
- Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort and Spa – 7:05 AM
- Fairway Villas – 7:05 AM
- Queen’s Marketplace – Charley’s Thai Cuisine (Optional Meeting Area) – 7:10 AM
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai – 7:25 AM
- Kona International Airport (Keahole) – 7:30 AM
- Target- Kona (Parking Lot near McDonalds) – 7:35 AM
- Holiday Inn Express – 7:40 AM
- Kona Seaside Hotel – 7:45 AM
- Courtyard King Kamehameha Hotel – 7:45 AM
- Uncle Billy’s Kona Bay Hotel – 7:45 AM
- Kona Islander Inn – 7:45 AM
- Royal Kona Resort – 7:50 AM
- Kona Reef – 7:50 AM
- Worldmark – 7:55 AM
- Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort – 7:55 AM
- Aston Kona by the Sea – 8:00 AM
- Royal Sea Cliff Kona by Outrigger – 8:00 AM
- Kona Sea Village – 8:00 AM
- Castle Kona Bali Kai – 8:05 AM
- Kona Magic Sands – 8:05 AM
- Kona Coast Resort – 8:10 AM
- Keauhou Shopping Center (Optional Central Meeting Area) – 8:10 AM
- Kanaloa at Kona – Front Gate – 8:10 AM
- Wyndham Mauna Loa Village/ Holua Resort at the Mauna Loa Village – 8:15 AM
- Sheraton Kona – 8:15 AM
- Mauna Loa / Holua Resort – 8:15 AM
- 7:00 AM – Waikoloa Pickup
- 7:45 AM to 8:20 AM – Kona Pickups
- 8:30 AM to 8:55 AM – Kona Joe Coffee- Gourmet Island Style Breakfast, Tasting, Shopping
- 10:00 AM to 10:20 AM – Punalu’u Bake Shop – Hawaiian Sweet Bread and Malasadas
- 10:35 AM to 11:05 PM – Punalu’u Black Sand Beach – Sea Turtles!
- 11:45 AM to 1:05 PM – Ka’u Coffee Mill – Private Tour, Tasting and Shopping *
- 1:20 PM to 2:35 PM – Hawaii Volcanoes National Park – Caldera lookouts, Visitor Center, and Steam Vents
- 3:15 PM to 3:40 PM – Rainbow Falls
- 4:50 PM to 5:15 PM – Waipio Valley Lookout
- 6:15 PM – Waikoloa Return (approx.)
- 7:00 PM – Kona Hotels Return (approx.)
*Return times are subject to change depending on the route and hotel locations of all guests.