This is by far our single most popular Pearl Harbor tour. Not only will you visit the famed USS Arizona Memorial to pay respects to those lost during the air attack of 1941, but you’ll view the beauty and solemnity of Punchbowl Cemetery, officially known as the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific, located in an extinct volcano. Your excursion will continue onward to show you many of Honolulu’s most famous landmarks and buildings, including Iolani Palace – the only royal palace in the United States – and the King Kamehameha statue, seen throughout the world among compilations of Hawaii’s most iconic sights.
This is only our most economical tour, but an extremely convenient one. Simply book today to avoid a sell-out, let us know your hotel location, and we’ll pick you up in Waikiki and return you to the same place after your tour. It’s an ideal family tour as well as one popular with couples seeking the comfort and carefree benefit of a professionally narrated tour aboard an air-conditioned, deluxe tour vehicle.
- Arizona Memorial – Travel aboard a US Navy vessel to the Arizona Memorial which was designed by the architectural team to be situated directly above the actual USS Arizona battleship without resting on the sunken ship. The ship is the final resting place of many of the 1,177 officers and crewmen who were lost during the attack.
- Punchbowl Cemetery – From the comfort of your tour vehicle view the dignified beauty of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific at Punchbowl. The memorial cemetery was created to pay homage to those in the US Armed Forces whose lives were lost in the service of their country.
Iolani Palace – The residence of the Hawaii Kingdom royalty between 1845 and 1893. The only royal palace on US soil, the palace employs architectural design seen no place else. It’s “American Florentine” design was created using brick with concrete facing, with ornamental plaster interior.
- King Kamehameha Statue – Seen in pictures around the world as an archetype of Hawaii’s regal past, the statue honors the monarch founded the Kingdom of Hawaii, and one of the “must-see” sites included in the tour.
- Kawaiahao Church and Mission Houses – Sometimes referred to as “Hawaii’s Westminster Abbey”, Kawaiahao Church was the chapel of the royal family. It’s the oldest church on Oahu, and the Hawaiian language is still used during portions of services.
- Hawaii State Capitol – The Capitol houses the governor’s office and the state legislature. The American adaptation of the Bauhaus style of the building provides a dramatic contrast to the well-preserved historic buildings located just blocks away.
- Honolulu Hale – Literally, “Honolulu building”, in the Hawaiian language, the building houses the mayor’s chambers and is the seat of the government of the City and County of Honolulu.
- Availability: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- Tour Time: 9:00 AM
- Duration: 6 Hours
- The US Department of the Interior has declared a “no bags” policy at the Arizona Memorial and Visitor Center.
- Passengers may not carry any concealing items. This includes purses, handbags, backpacks, diaper bags, etc.
- Small cameras are permitted. Allowable vital items may be placed in your pockets.
- Do not leave any valuables on the coach.
- Due to ceremonies on December 7th each year, the park is closed to commercial vehicles and we do not operate our normal tours to the USS Arizona Memorial on that date. Also, on rare occasions, and due to external factors outside of our control (including inclement weather and/or shortages of boat launch tickets), there is the possibility of not being able to visit the Arizona Memorial during your visit. You will still be able to visit the many Arizona exhibits and visitor’s center, the USS Bowfin, and other monuments at the park.
- If you require any special accommodations due to disability, please include them under the special requirements at the time of booking. 48 hours notice required prior to the date and time of service.
- COVID-19 Update:
- Masks are mandatory to be worn by all guests 2 years of age and older that covers your nose and mouth during the duration of the tour.
- Guests will stay at a safe 6-foot distance during the tour whenever feasible.
- Guests will be required to utilize the same seat throughout the tour.
- If you or anyone in your group is experiencing symptoms, we will work directly with you to cancel or reschedule your tour.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled departure time and allow a 15-minute window for your driver to arrive.
- This tour does not operate on Christmas, New Year’s Day, or Thanksgiving.
Your health is our top priority, and we have put special measures in place to keep all guests safe both during and after your activity.
- Stringent Cleaning – We’ve increased the frequency of disinfecting surfaces and high traffic areas between each tour, and hand sanitizer will be available to all of our guests.
- Personal Protective Equipment – Please bring a mask that is to be worn by all guests 2 years of age and older that covers your nose and mouth during the duration of the tour. We ensure that all staff members will be wearing PPE.
- Social Distancing – Guests will stay at a safe 6-foot distance during the tour whenever feasible.
- Wellness Checks – If you or anyone in your group is experiencing symptoms, we will work directly with you to cancel or reschedule your tour. Staff members are required to self-certify daily that they are healthy and symptom-free.
POLYAD CLEAN RIDE Program
At Polynesian Adventure Travel, the safety of our customers and employees is our top priority. Since the COVID-19 pandemic began, we have elevated our existing cleaning regimen and developed the POLYAD CLEAN RIDE Program which has enhanced procedures and protocols for cleaning and disinfecting our fleet to the standards recommended by the CDC using EPA-approved products.
- Certified Sanitized at the start of each day
- EPA Approved Disinfectants
- 10-point Disinfection multiple times per day
- Entrance door surfaces
- All handrails and touch surfaces used for entering and exiting the vehicle
- Driver area including the steering wheel and all driver controls in the cockpit area
- Overhead handrails, parcel racks, and parcel rack handles
- All seat headrests, armrests, and seat belts, and reclining levers
- Passenger seating area controls
- Seat backs and trays
- Restroom door handles inside and out
- All Surface areas within Restroom
- Passenger Masks available
- 36-Point Disinfection daily at days end
- Entrance door handles
- Controls (exterior)
- All handrails/grabrails in the entrance
- The entire interior surface of the entrance door
- The entire interior surface of the stairwell including the driver compartment hatch
- The steering wheel
- Driver controls in the cockpit area
- Driver seatbelt buckle/latch
- Driver headrest
- Microphones and AV outlets in TD seat
- Upper handrails
- Parcel racks and parcel rack handles
- Seat armrests
- Recliner levers
- Seat bottoms
- All seat fabric
- All seat belt buckles/latches
- Overhead Seat Light Switches and Directional Air Vents
- Lavatory door handles inside and out
- Toilet seat
- Lavatory shelf
- Lavatory hand sanitizer container
- The Exterior luggage door handles engine bay access,
- Engine/Mechanical access doors and handles
- Window ledges
- Pulls on all blinds
- Emergency roof hatch surfaces
- Emergency window exit levers
- The entire floor of the motorcoach including stairs
- All interior glass windows
- First Aid Kit
- Fire Extinguishers
- HVAC Filters – exterior
- HVAC Filters – interior
- All Surface Complete Misting/Fogging
- HVAC System Disinfection
- Disinfectant Fog/Misting
Will Polynesian Adventure require guests to wear a mask?
- Yes, Masks are mandatory to wear in the state of Hawaii and will be required.
Will Polynesian Adventure’s drivers wear a mask?
- Yes, all drivers will be provided with and required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Will Polynesian Adventure take each guest’s temperatures before boarding?
- No, we will not.
Will Polynesian Adventure take their driver’s temperature each day?
- No, but every scheduled driver will self-certify each day that they are well and not showing signs or symptoms of illness prior to starting their shift.
Will Polynesian Adventure provide masks to guests?
- Guests will need to bring their own mask or face covering. In the event their mask is lost or damaged, a replacement will be provided at no charge.
What is Polynesian Adventure’s physical distancing requirements?
- For charter and cruise guests, Polynesian Adventure will leave distancing requirements to the discretion of their agent, unless there are other mandatory regulatory or CDC regulations that everyone must follow. The front row will be blocked off to provided distancing for our drivers.
What is the capacity of Polynesian Adventure’s sightseeing tours?
- Sightseeing tours will operate at 50% capacity. The front row will be blocked off to provided distancing for our drivers. Groups traveling together can sit with each other. There will be an empty row between each group/person. Guests will be required to utilize the same seat throughout the tour.
What cleaning products are used to clean and sanitize the coach?
- All products are from the approved CDC and EPA recommended list.
Will Polynesian Adventure provide hand sanitizer?
- Yes, hand sanitizer is available at the entrance of every vehicle and in the lavatory.
How often is the 10-point disinfection done?
- The 10-point Disinfection is done multiple times per day
How often is the 36-point disinfection done?
- The 36-point Disinfection is done at the end of each day.
Will Polynesian Adventure have the restroom on the vehicle be available for use?
- Yes, the lavatory will be available for use unless otherwise requested.
Please arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled departure time and allow a 15-minute window for your driver to arrive.
Pick up locations:
- HALE KOA HOTEL WAIKIKI, Front Entrance – 8:45 AM
- PRINCE WAIKIKI HOTEL, Front Entrance – 9:00 AM
- ALA MOANA HOTEL, Mahukona St. – 9:00 AM
- AQUA PALMS WAIKIKI, in front of IHOP – 9:00 AM
- ILIKAI HOTEL, Curbside at Ala Moana Blvd by Flagpoles – 9:00 AM
- HILTON HAWAIIAN VILLAGE – Grand Islander Bus Depot – 9:05 AM
- HOTEL LACROIX (WAIKIKI GATEWAY), Side Entrance Olohana St – 9:10 AM
- OUTRIGGER REEF WAIKIKI, Front Entrance – 9:15 AM
- SHERATON WAIKIKI HOTEL, Tour Bus Terminal (Aloha Landing) – 9:15 AM
- ROSS DRESS FOR LESS, Curbside at Seaside Ave – 9:20 AM
- HILTON GARDEN INN WAIKIKI, Curbside on Walina St – 9:20 AM
- CHEESECAKE FACTORY WAIKIKI, Curbside on Kalakaua Avenue – 9:20 AM
- OHANA WAIKIKI EAST – Curbside outside front entrance on Kaiulani Ave – 9:25 AM
- HYATT REGENCY WAIKIKI, Curbside under a green awning, Koa Ave. – 9:30 AM
- ALOHILANI RESORT & WAIKIKI RESORT, Curbside corner on Koa Ave across Waikiki Resort – 9:35 AM
- ASTON WAIKIKI BEACH, Curbside Paoakalani St – 9:40 AM
- WAIKIKI BEACH MARRIOTT, Paoakalani Ave Tour Bus Stop – 9:40 AM