UPDATED 2022: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (Closed Sunday)
- Tour Times: 8:30 AM
- Duration: 5 Hours 30 Minutes (approx)
The 5-hour guided kayak tour offers the best value and longest excursion length, making this the favorite eco-tour on the island by far! You get to experience all there is to offer on this diverse, captivating adventure! A 45-min. to 1-hour scenic paddle takes you to the seabird sanctuary that is the Mokulua Islands. Frequently visited by sea turtles and Hawaiian monk seals, the island offers an unparalleled, unique snorkeling or kayak surfing experience!
Your lifeguard trained guide helps you discover the island. Wave conditions permitting, they will take you to a hidden secret cove and/or go for a short walk and enjoy a soak in the Queens Bath Tide Pools, named after Queen Kapiolani who loved this area. Have lunch on the island and soak in some Hawaiian history from your knowledgeable guide.
Enjoy a Guided Kayak Tour in Oahu!
This paddling tour takes place on calm, reef-protected waters on Kailua Bay, Oahu. One of our trained naturalists guides you along this beautiful coastal area to several close offshore islets. Along the way, you see our most important resident, the Hawaiian green sea turtle. Your guide, well-versed in Hawaiian history, marine life, and our island’s geological formations, tells stories and imparts thought-provoking information about Hawaii that most visitors would love to hear about.
You land your safe and stable sit-on-top kayak on one of two world-famous beaches, Kailua or Lanikai, for some snorkeling with our tropical fish and turtles. Your guide is also a master paddler and instructor, so you can learn the fun and safe way to paddle your kayak. If you choose to, our guide can even teach you how to catch a few waves.
You also stop at several of our close offshore islands, where you can enjoy swimming and relaxing on white sandy beaches while sea and shorebirds flock overhead and nest nearby. The windward coast of Oahu has over 12 varieties of seabirds inhabiting this flourishing coastline. While on the island, you gently trek to natural pools or a breathtaking cove. This is a day enjoyed by all.
- Kayak guide who is Lifeguard, CPR, and First Aid certified
- Kayak, life jacket, and paddle
- Snorkel gear, seatbacks, and dry bag
- Picnic Lunch
- Wear comfortable swimwear and shoes or sandals good for walking on rocks. Be prepared for a little exercise and to get wet.
- Bring sunscreen, underwater camera, hat, sunglasses, and eyeglass retainer strap if you wear glasses/sunglasses.
- Minimum age is 13 years old.
- Minimum 2 people per booking.
- Tandem kayak (2 person) is the standard kayak used for pairs so long as weight doesn’t exceed 420 lbs. This is for safety and ease for paddling. If there is an odd number in your party that person will go on a single kayak
- All participants must complete electronic waivers prior to participation.
- A Credit Card is required as a security deposit for the kayaks and other gear.
Location: Sun and Salt Adventures Hawaii
Address: 134 Hamakua Dr Unit B, Kailua, HI 96734
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/Vs35TnJhDuvnSdo36
Round-trip transportation from the Waikiki area is available at an additional fee. Please select at check out (prices subject to change).
Check-in: For Drive-Out Guests, please check-in 15 minutes prior to your tour time.
Parking: There is onsite parking when you drive in. Please drive your vehicle in, turn around at the back of the lot, and park your vehicle towards the front of the lot along the fence.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled departure time and allow a 5-minute window for your driver to arrive.