UPDATED 2022: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (Closed Sunday)
- Tour Times: 8:30 AM
- Duration: 5 Hours 30 Minutes (approx)
The 5 Hour Guided Mokulua Island Tour offers the best value and longest excursion length, making this the favorite ECO-Tour on the island by far! You’ll get to experience all there is to offer on this diverse, captivating adventure! A 45 min. to 1 hr. scenic paddle takes you to the Seabird Sanctuary that is the Mokulua Islands. Frequently visited by Sea Turtles and Hawaiian Monk Seals, the island offers an unparalleled, unique snorkeling or kayak surfing experience!
Your lifeguard-trained guide will help you discover the island. Where wave conditions permitting, he’ll take you to a hidden secret cove, where you’ll go cliff jumping and snorkeling and then go for a short walk and enjoy a soak in the Queens Bath Tide Pools, named after Queen Kapiolani who loved this area. Come and join us for the adventure of a lifetime!
This paddling tour takes place on calm-reef protected waters of Kailua Bay, Oahu. One of our trained naturalists will guide you along this beautiful coastal area to several close offshore islets. Along the way, you will see our most important resident, the Hawaiian Green Sea Turtle. Your guide, well-versed in Hawaiian history, marine life, and our island’s geological formations will tell stories and impart thought-provoking information about Hawaii that most visitors would love to hear about.
You will be landing your safe and stable sit-on-top kayak on one of the two-world famous beaches (Kailua or Lanikai Beach) for some snorkeling with our tropical fish and turtles. Your guide is also a master paddler and instructor so you will learn the fun and safe way to paddle your kayak. If you choose to, our guide will even teach you how to kayak-surf a few waves.
You also stop at several of our close offshore islands, where you can enjoy swimming and relaxing on white sandy beaches while sea and shorebirds flock overhead and nest nearby. The windward coast of Oahu has over 12 varieties of seabirds inhabiting this flourishing coastline. While on the island, you gently trek to natural pools or a breathtaking cove. This is a day enjoyed by all.
- Kayak Guide, who is Lifeguard, CPR, and First Aid certified
- Kayak, Life Jacket, and Paddle
- Snorkel Gear, Seat Backs, and Dry Bags
- Picnic Lunch of Your Choice
- Permit for landing your kayak on Moku Nui or on Popoi’a Island
- Safety Briefing/ orientation
- Paddling instructions
- Free round-trip transportation from Waikiki
- Wear comfortable swimwear and shoes or sandals good for walking on rocks. Be prepared for a little exercise and to get wet.
- Bring sunscreen, underwater camera, hat, sunglasses, and eyeglass retainer strap if you wear glasses/sunglasses.
- Weight limitations:
- Maximum weight for Single Kayaks is 300 lbs.
- Maximum weight for Tandem Kayaks is 400 lbs
- Maximum weight for XL Tandem Kayaks is 500 lbs
- All participants must complete electronic waivers prior to participation.
- A Credit Card is required as a security deposit for the kayaks and other gear.
Address: 134b Hamakua Dr, Kailua, HI 96734
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/84jpR4s57zaKg7E69
Check-in: Please check-in 15 minutes prior to your tour time.
Parking: There is onsite parking when you drive in. Please drive your vehicle in, turn around at the back of the lot and park your vehicle towards the front of the lot along the fence.
Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled departure time and allow a 5 minutes window for your driver to arrive.